Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if any1 who had these had fitted them themselves and if they were hard to fit?

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Yep an no are the answers.

I had a helping hand and a pair of spring clamps, and we did then in just under an hour. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Yeah, but I just borrowed his tools mainly, as he was busy.

Much easier with a full set of tools to help you out!

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
What tools do you need ka$h apart from a spring clamp :?:

As my springs have turned up today :) and it's going to cost £65 + vat to get them fitted..so was wondering should i go through the hassle of fitting them myself or just pay the cash :?:

If you suggest fitting then what tools will i require and how do i go about doing it..cheers bud :thumbs:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Er, Trolley Jack, 19mm Socket, 17mm Socket and possibly one other size socket, can't remember of and spring clamps for taking the fronts off!

Jack it up wheel off, anti-roll bar (I think) off, Hub off. Release top holding nut, and support spring/damper and remove. Clamp spring both sides. Remove holding nut whilst closing eyes! Unwind spring and unclamp. Fit new spring and replace holding nut. Refit damper/spring into place and fasten top holding nut. Replace hub, replace antiroll bar, replace wheel. Do other side!

At back, undo holding bolt, jack up slowy, remove bolt. Remove spring, place in new spring, (This takes two) While one person slowly lets down jack, other person replace bolt. Once down re-tighten bolt.

Do other side, job done! All in just under an hour!!!! :D

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
:) :thumbs:

I will have a word with a few more place on prices and if they are all still to high i'll try them myself :)

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Let me know your best price, and I'll have a word, cos you're only down the road.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Cheers :)..like i said so far the cheapest has been £65 +vat and they cant do it until bext week at the earliest as the person that deals with fitting springs ect is on holiday :(

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
what did you take the hub off for ka$h??1 bolt on the top 17mm spanner and socket to take antiroll bar arm off two 18mm nuts and bolts to take strut off that's it on the front you don't touch the hubs

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
That's what I meant mate, the two 18mm at the bottom, attached to the hub. I didn't remove it from the car, just the strut

1 - 13 of 13 Posts