Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

New here so forgive me if this is stupid question

I have just picked up a combo van and bit disappointed to find no electric windows just wondered if power supply from the fuse box was wired on all vehicles.... so if I picked some Corsa C doors at breakers complete with electric windows would that work?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I imagine that you will have to wire the entire door, mount the wiring harnesses, the window regulator motor, and the controls, and change the complete door box to eliminate the hole in the handle and put the control, the internal branch of the car and The fuse should be wired, first check if you have the fuses pinned for the window regulators in the fuse box, then check if the branch reaches the door with the window regulator wired, and then mount the doors and work done

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I imagine that you will have to wire the entire door, mount the wiring harnesses, the window regulator motor, and the controls, and change the complete door box to eliminate the hole in the handle and put the control, the internal branch of the car and The fuse should be wired, first check if you have the fuses pinned for the window regulators in the fuse box, then check if the branch reaches the door with the window regulator wired, and then mount the doors and work done
Thanks for your reply... I think tho I've managed top mislead you..... I was wondering if the existing wiring in the vehicle from the fuse box to the pillar where the door was mounted was equipped for electric windows on all vehicles.... I was going to pick up a couple of doors with electric windows etc fitted

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
wu11ie is correct in that purchasing whole C doors is an unnecessary expense. Neither the 3 nor 5 door C is of use to the Combo owner. I have found this out to my cost (in time, as much as money) with leather door cards. The 3dr ones I got as a complete interior straight away didn't fit so I hunted >2yrs to find 5dr SXi+ front door cards only to find they're not right either.

I have an Opel Combo Tour, originally Spanish market 5-seater, and this comes with A/C, electric front windows but wiggle-waggle mirrors. I read somewhere that, if your Combo has heated mirrors, this makes life easier and you could get away with door looms from an unspec C - but I might be thinking of electric mirrors. I think there are tutorials on retro-fitting electric windows to basic Cs and will have a look for a link in a moment.

You will have to put up with the doorcard hole that jewels mentioned because C cards are no good and leccy Combos are a rarity in the UK (quite common in France and Spain - even the electric mirrors can be bought). Another problem I suspect - can't confirm - is that the leccy window regulator and motor from a C, plentiful and cheap though they are, isn't quite right. My passenger one ups and downs fine but I've had the driver's side replaced twice (brand new the last time) and I think they've had to settle for C 5dr ones because the window raises wonky, pushing the glass to the front unless I guide it up straight with a spare hand (awkward). The duff one I took out had bent badly. Can't be definite without researching, but it might be that the Combo regulator is unique and therefore almost unknown in the UK.

If I'm right, the late (in the UK) Combo SE or a Tour converted to WAV at the breaker's might be your best source.
This thread might help:

·
Registered
357 Posts
What is clear is that you will have to lower the door box and see the string of pins that arrive to see if you have pre-installation of power windows and electric mirrors already mounted in the car, if you disconnect the string that goes to the door from the chassis You can see if it comes, once you check that you have them, mount the corsa C door wiring branch with the windows if they are compatible and the combo heated and electric mirrors if there are, and solved, if you can see a car from scrapping, even if it is corsa, it will be worth to you to see which pins are those of the door in the connector to see if yours is wired or you will have to install from 0

1 - 8 of 8 Posts