Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im fed up of my car now. I been trying to get to the bottom of my engine light displaying on OBII fuel trim bank 1. I Have a electrical fault also whether this could be the cause I don’t know. Sometimes the speedo and other dials go to 0 when driving along. And I have to smack the dashboard in order for it to go back to normal. Also where the clock is located. Sometimes it doesn’t show a date. It has the wrong battery in the car but not sure wherever it’s this or not. The car starts fine. It’s a little rough in the cold but as soon as it’s on temperature it’s ok. When removing error code P0170 the engine starts to rev a tiny bit up and down. It passed emissions test. Doesn’t seem to be in limp mode. Has had new 02 senor and MAF seems to be clean. Purge valve is fine. When on idle the car heats up to 95°C and activates the fan every 2 minutes or so. I get around 300-350 miles on a tank. Light seem to be a little brighter when reving the engine. Also heaters are cold. Any advice would be helpful I’m honestly so desperate now

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi im fed up of my car now. I been trying to get to the bottom of my engine light displaying on OBII fuel trim bank 1. I Have a electrical fault also whether this could be the cause I don’t know. Sometimes the speedo and other dials go to 0 when driving along. And I have to smack the dashboard in order for it to go back to normal. Also where the clock is located. Sometimes it doesn’t show a date. It has the wrong battery in the car but not sure wherever it’s this or not. The car starts fine. It’s a little rough in the cold but as soon as it’s on temperature it’s ok. When removing error code P0170 the engine starts to rev a tiny bit up and down. It passed emissions test. Doesn’t seem to be in limp mode. Has had new 02 senor and MAF seems to be clean. Purge valve is fine. When on idle the car heats up to 95°C and activates the fan every 2 minutes or so. I get around 300-350 miles on a tank. Light seem to be a little brighter when reving the engine. Also heaters are cold. Any advice would be helpful I’m honestly so desperate now
Also my car is a Opel Corsa 2003 1.2 elegance

·
Registered
209 Posts
Be careful with using batteries that are not adequate because you can run out of it, because the battery can easily explode and burn the car, if it is of more capacity nothing happens, but if it is mebos you are causing an over capacity that is not capable to accumulate, watch out for that the box of watches you fail the connector that leads behind, to all or to many it happens, it loosens or connects the pins wrongly and causes failures, the solution is to remove the frame and clean the pins and tighten the connector what is p0170? related to what?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Be careful with using batteries that are not adequate because you can run out of it, because the battery can easily explode and burn the car, if it is of more capacity nothing happens, but if it is mebos you are causing an over capacity that is not capable to accumulate, watch out for that the box of watches you fail the connector that leads behind, to all or to many it happens, it loosens or connects the pins wrongly and causes failures, the solution is to remove the frame and clean the pins and tighten the connector what is p0170? related to what?
It’s a engine light. P0170 meaning fuel too rich or too lean. But can’t seem the figure that one out

·
Registered
209 Posts
Try to disconnect it, it will fail but take reference values to see if you notice any change, is the exhaust black or white powder?

·
Registered
209 Posts
then you can also have a fault in a random coil when it works badly, if I remember correctly in astra G a cable came from the front to the middle of cylinder 2 and 3 to reinforce masses, now we have to see which sensor fails or if it comes from coils , the sensors test unplugging one and then connect and unplug another, the car will fail in the frame but will take reference values, what you need is to see which one you unplug and do not notice anything, the lambdas if you can give them a better gasoline cleaning, or if you see a very affected one, it may be the culprit of the bad work, you also have to see how the spark plugs come out in case some come out differently from the others it can indicate coils

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
then you can also have a fault in a random coil when it works badly, if I remember correctly in astra G a cable came from the front to the middle of cylinder 2 and 3 to reinforce masses, now we have to see which sensor fails or if it comes from coils , the sensors test unplugging one and then connect and unplug another, the car will fail in the frame but will take reference values, what you need is to see which one you unplug and do not notice anything, the lambdas if you can give them a better gasoline cleaning, or if you see a very affected one, it may be the culprit of the bad work, you also have to see how the spark plugs come out in case some come out differently from the others it can indicate coils
Actually I did get multiple misfire in the cylinder a couple of days ago and displayed P0300 (unknown multiple cylinder misfire)
Thank you for your help by the way

·
Registered
209 Posts
you're welcome Well then the coils begin to have ballots, it is not enough than with gasoline and a brush clean the lambda in case they have crap, but I would say coils seeing that they already have a history and I would look for the metal cable of the Astra G to reinforce these

1 - 11 of 11 Posts