Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one any idea on how to stop the flash rate of indicators when using LED bulbs.

i DO NOT want to use the current limiting resistors, as this is not the correct way of doing things, thats like using gaffa tape to fix a spot of rust!

i need to build an electronic flasher to fix the problem, im fine at building one for two pin relay, but the corsa has a 4 pin double relay, which i have no idea how it works.

would i be able just to build two 2 pin circuits and have them as separate entities or is the double relay connrcted internally somehow?

if no-one can help in the next few days ill just make two and try them, but if someone has done it before it would save me time and money on parts f they could tell me how to do it first!

cheers guys

mitch

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think (don't quote me on this however) that it is 2 separate relays in one block, as on my mums Corsa one side of the relay failed, meaning she could indicate left but not right.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rite, cool, so theoretically i just need to build two identical two pin circuits. ill have a go in the morn. cheers

·
Registered
21,815 Posts
Dont mean to sound daft, but when ive read posts on here about fixing that and the fix seems to be resistors in all cases. When you change leds on the dash they have resistors already attached, so why create a new problem by making a relay when the simpleist solution would be a resistor ?

I have no knowledge on small electronics like this - but i'd be interested in the reply.

And Gaffa tape is great for rust holes :lol:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh the easiest way is to add resistors to the circuit, but thats not the best way to do it. the correct way is to set the flash rate to work with any current draw not just with normal bulbs. adding the resistors just makes the car think it has a higher load, but the resistors are large, have heatsinks and get very hot, so positioning them is difficult. they cant go in plastuc lenses, or near other cables as they can melt if used for long periods, such as if you broke down. the best way is to use a relay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts