Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my faulty electronic climate control unit. Now I have problem that new unit is not working correctly. I think it needs to be calibrated but I don't know how. I have vaux-com diagnostic. Can someone please tell me how to start calibration?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
As with your previous Climate problem thread, your best advice will come from Liviu2004 and MarkoM, To save them time, it might help to identify what is not functioning correctly, what version of the diagnostic (I presume it is a clone) you have, screenshots etc. Without specifics, it can be difficult to know how to advise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume that eeprom was bad on my old ecc unit. Replacement one was very cheap only 20€ so I didn't want to bother fixing old unit. I have china vaux-com clone. I don't see any errors regarding ECC. Problem is for example when i press middle button I can hear motor and flaps moving but it doesn't stop in correct position,

so it ends up blowing at windshield. When I press first button (windshield position) then is blowing to the cabin etc... When I press some combination of buttons its end up with not blowing anywhere because flaps are positioned in some strange way and air almost can't go out. Also heating is not perfect. When I select "Hi" air is worm not hot an water temperature in car is 90C. Is it possible that some "valve" needs to be calibrated? Maybe my heating matrix is not good also. So to sum all because I can hear and see that motor is moving flaps but it doesn't stop at correct position I assume that calibration is needed.

·
Registered
252 Posts
There is no such a thing as calibration, or at least none that i know of. The air distribution motor mechanism have a calibration microswitch which "tells" the control unit where is the flap. That single microswitch covers all possible positions of the flaps. How exactly, i dont know. I have in fact replaced the control unit and everything worked fine.

So, it is possible that your microswitch is out if its position or broken. Or perhaps something is wrong with the linkage or motors themselves?

Regarding the heater, it could be choked matrix. There is no valve on the coolant pipes, just the flap that admits the airflow through the matrix.

If you remove the glovebox you should see the flap mechanism and motors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Marko I will have a look. Where that microswitch is located? I also suspected that heating matrix is choked, I will check it! I will test it during the weekend, maybe also to record some video. All in all thanks :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Check this pic:

Or if you are interested in how i retrofitted ECC here is the full thread:

Btw, im not sure but i think motors are bipolar steppers, since they have 4 wires coming in them? Or perhaps they are DC but have encoders...

Btw, if the control unit is gone there should be something like "EEPROM failure" under error codes, but that code does not always show. My broken control unit was also showing incorrect readings from interior temperature sensors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts