Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've got corsa 1.8 classic executive 2005, my driver window stopped working but passenger window does, from passenger switch and driver switch, checked fuses, OK, tried reset but nothing, what can I do

·
Registered
712 Posts
or no current reaches the pushbutton, which seems strange to me, or dead pushbutton or ko motor as much as possible

·
Registered
2,889 Posts

f5 and f20 (both 20A) are the relevant fuses. I do not know of a relay. If both the passenger's switch and the driver's switch operates the passenger window but the driver's switch does not move the driver's window, I agree with jewels - it does not seem likely that the switch is at fault. I have had numerous problems with the driver's electric window (it is used far more often than the passenger one) but more that it becomes jerky and/or doesn't go up straight without a helping hand, going forwards as it goes up. This is because the arms (in an X-shape) are not very stiff and can become bent easily. No response at all makes me suspect the motor. In the UK, a used one can be bought cheaply (I know RSA/ZA is more expensive for parts). Although changing the whole unit is awkward and requires removing rivets, I think a motor swap would be a lot easier.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I would remove the switch and jump the relevant pins in its connector. If it works, then your switch is busted. If it still does not, then you have to remove door cover and test whether power comes to the motor controller, motor continuity etc...

If you still follow this i can provide you with schematic of a switch/motor connector.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts