Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1.2 Corsa c 2006 and though I can deal with most me chanical problems and repairs,I struggle. with auto electronics.
I think my questions are fairly straightforward,so here goes.
1. If I swap a donor cars ECU,bcm,ignition and key,and gauges,(what eBay seems to refer to as an ECU kit),will my car have to be reprogrammed or will it be good to go?

2. If I disconnect my battery to put it on charge, will my radio(cd 30)need a code to get it working? I seem to have read that this radio does not need one.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
209 Posts
And the transponder that goes to the contact I think you need it too, that I know about the key, you would need the transponder, you do not need to change the locks or the contact because they are mechanical, to see if they can confirm it On the radio it is married to the car, but if you propose a change of bcm, the most likely thing is that the error will appear, either because you have to rest it before in your bcm to marry in the new one, or that every X seconds it is saying in the time that no is married

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Yes, as Jewels says, the key with the PCB and transponder chip (separate from the PCB, it's in a pocket at the front of the key close to the blade) will do the trick and you can just change the blade so your current locks and barrels will be fine. You'd need to change the immobiliser ring of course. For the 1.2 I have seen these complete kits quite often go £25-30 on ebay so - unless it's urgent - don't get sucked into the first one offered if it's pricey.

On the older CDR2005 like mine, diconnecting the battery requires a 4-digit code to be entered to unlock it. With the CD30, I believe the MFD unit and the head unit itself just have to be married up (not necessarily from the same car as the ECU etc). Once you have a battery hooked up and turn the key, the HU and MFD handshake and let the brains know things all add up and away it goes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, as Jewels says, the key with the PCB and transponder chip (separate from the PCB, it's in a pocket at the front of the key close to the blade) will do the trick and you can just change the blade so your current locks and barrels will be fine. You'd need to change the immobiliser ring of course. For the 1.2 I have seen these complete kits quite often go £25-30 on ebay so - unless it's urgent - don't get sucked into the first one offered if it's pricey.

On the older CDR2005 like mine, diconnecting the battery requires a 4-digit code to be entered to unlock it. With the CD30, I believe the MFD unit and the head unit itself just have to be married up (not necessarily from the same car as the ECU etc). Once you have a battery hooked up and turn the key, the HU and MFD handshake and let the brains know things all add up and away it goes.
Thanks for all your help

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can confirm you that when you unplug the battery, the CD30 mp3 does not ask you for any code...but this is without changing anything

·
Registered
209 Posts
I can confirm you that when you unplug the battery, the CD30 mp3 does not ask you for any code...but this is without changing anything
Let's see neighbor, electronics class hahaha The CDX0 already go by can bus that interleaves data with the bcm, for that reason when removing the battery the code does not go away, because when they have tension they are interleaved and ready If you change the radio for a scrap, you get into a mess, because that radio will not be discarded in the car of origin by opcom, and then marry it in yours, like yours, first you have to rest it in your car to marry it in mine some are blocked and let you see the screen, others work but they send a beep and it comes out that it is unmarried The pre lift, CAR 2002 2003 2004 CDR 2005 etc were like a cell phone, if you unplugged it when you turned on they asked for a 4-number pin that came in the car pass, you gave it to them and it would work In my opinion it was easier to exchange the old ones, apart from that they were more wired and independent, now the CDX0 for example carry the outside temperature by bcm, and they know when you have the AA on and even if the airbag jumps

·
Registered
13 Posts
Let's see neighbor, electronics class hahaha The CDX0 already go by can bus that interleaves data with the bcm, for that reason when removing the battery the code does not go away, because when they have tension they are interleaved and ready If you change the radio for a scrap, you get into a mess, because that radio will not be discarded in the car of origin by opcom, and then marry it in yours, like yours, first you have to rest it in your car to marry it in mine some are blocked and let you see the screen, others work but they send a beep and it comes out that it is unmarried The pre lift, CAR 2002 2003 2004 CDR 2005 etc were like a cell phone, if you unplugged it when you turned on they asked for a 4-number pin that came in the car pass, you gave it to them and it would work In my opinion it was easier to exchange the old ones, apart from that they were more wired and independent, now the CDX0 for example carry the outside temperature by bcm, and they know when you have the AA on and even if the airbag jumps
Dude...I already know that xD, I was only giving him a simple reassuring message

1 - 7 of 7 Posts