Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 1.2 2004 corsa c. Now, the vauxhall inspection card from 2004 states that the engine code is Z12XE. However, the rear of the car states "Twinport" and that would be Z12XEP. Now all the invoices for the car state "twinport". So was there a twinport with engine code Z12XE? I am unsure. What amount of oil should I put in? 3L or 3.5L? I think it should be 3L and take the vauxhaul card from 2005 and use 3L.
I accidentally filled with 3.5 yesterday and 4000 miles ago did the same with 3.5L. Now I've just realised that it's probably 3L. So given that I've just changed the oil yesterday, can I just let some drip out into a jug to measure 500ml and if dipstick level is okay then leave it at that?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
If the oil level on dipstick is correct then no problems.
The Z12XEP came out during 2004. The engines look similar, easy to spot the difference between them on the air inlet pipe to throttle body.
This is the Z12XEP or twin port engine.
Photo0560.jpg

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Yes, yours is the Z12XEP 1.2L Twinport engine.
No idea why paperwork says different unless like my old one above it had an engine swap to the newer engine at some point? Yours is about the age they started to fit the Twinport engines.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@corsaz22se I don't think it has because the rear of the car says "Twinport". I actually let 500ml out the sump and the dipstick read half way so definitely takes 3.5 and is Twinport. Thanks for your help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts