Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just topping up my engine oil and noticed the engine coolant part was light brown. I have never checked this since I have bought the car because it didn't occur to me. I removed the lid and theres white sludge all around the cap and splodges of white things in the brown liquid. I thought that was supposed to be blue or am I thinking of the wrong part? I've never owned a car before so I don't fully know how to service them apart from changing oil and wiper fluid. I am getting the car serviced on Monday but i'm wondering if it will cause damage or further damage if it's supposed to be normal blue clear liquid in there? The car has done 65K and it's the 1.0 XE engine from 03.
Just out of my car newbiness I am taking it to the Vauxhall Toni Levoi service centre for a main service, and I was wondering what's going to be included in the serivce?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Someone at some time may have put something in the coolant system too perhaps cure a leak.I would say when it is serviced they will drain and flush the system,and refill with new coolant.Just keep an eye on it after.You say you are new to motoring,but it would be a good idea if you got into the habit of checking your oil and coolant levels every week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I’ve just noticed my coolent in my daughters corsa 1lt is a thick brown slush we have just had the head gasket done the car ran for a week but just stopped so I was checking to see if I could fix it myself but never seen this before

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Hi I’ve just noticed my coolent in my daughters corsa 1lt is a thick brown slush we have just had the head gasket done the car ran for a week but just stopped so I was checking to see if I could fix it myself but never seen this before
You may be asked to start a new thread on this as it is a 6 year old one?
Is the slush like a thin lumpy custard but brown? Or is it full of grit/sand like bits? If it is the first I would suggest there is still a fault with oil and water mixing, Timing case gasket, head gasket, or cracked head. In this case if it was done at a garage take it back under warranty. If it is the other then it may just need a good flush out?
You also say it has stopped? Do you mean it no longer runs as well as the brown slush in the header tank? If so take it back under warranty.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Welcome to CCUK, Steveneek. As z22se says, please start a new thread with what you've already written and extra info as this dead thread will be closed. From what I've read so far, it looks like a bad garage job but more details (which won't be possible once this old thread is locked) are needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts