Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello this is my first post on here.
I have a 2004 Corsa SXI I have recently replaced the rocker cover gasket and found that there was brown sludge as well as what appers to be water mixed in with the oil.

My question is should i flush the engine with engine flush or just flush her out with cheep oil? bearing in mind shes 17 years old.

Many thanks!!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
The sludge will most likely be condensation. Did you flush out the cam cover while it was off and the 2 pipes coming from it? If not you should as they are all part of the breather system and need to be clear to help prevent condensation build up in the engine.
A flush would be a good idea before a service if you do not know the history of the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sludge will most likely be condensation. Did you flush out the cam cover while it was off and the 2 pipes coming from it? If not you should as they are all part of the breather system and need to be clear to help prevent condensation build up in the engine.
A flush would be a good idea before a service if you do not know the history of the car.
Hello!

Yes I cleaned the 2 pipes of the breather system the S**t that came out was wild. I know some people say not to flush the engines due to the carbon build up protecting certain parts but to be honest i think she would need it.

There was old gritty oil in her aswell. Just asking as it is my first car and was wondering if anyone would have more experience they could advise me about.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
The cam cover will also need a flush out off the car as it will also be filled with the same gunk.
Short trips where the engine doesn't stay at full temp for long cause this. If after cleaning and flushing oil the creamy gunk comes back then you have another fault?

I have used engine flushes a lot and never had a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts