Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the difference in looms between the 1.7DTI and the 1.7DI? The engine has been converted and I am using stand alone management system so I’m only looking not to use it for all the other electrical systems I.e lights horn radio etc. Thanks

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
There are a lot of conflicting opinions, but it appears that the turbo for the y17dtl, y17dt and z17dtl are all the same (49173-06500). The added intercooler takes the bhp from 65 to 75 and the common rail of the z17dtl adds another 5bhp. I simply added the intercooler and necessary pipes to my y17dtl, changed nothing else, and had a noticeable improvement in 0-60 etc acceleration. The mod wasn't worth a rolling road dyno expense, but I do believe that on its own it has done the expected numbers.

·
Registered
796 Posts
the cdti in the corsa is turbo variable and gives 100cv, the cdti of 80 was only used in astra g at the end of life, all 4 engines use the same block but they change cylinder head and turbo in the cdti

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So basically there is no difference in the looms, fuses and multi plugs then? Like I said it’s just for the electrical systems as it’s a X20xev in a combo van on stand alone management

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I doubt if there is any loom difference between Combo DTi and Di of the same spec. Mine just seems to notice that cooler, denser air is in there and runs accordingly (and faster) without me having to do any Opcom or anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts