Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys . everytime my engine is heated up it makes a fast clickin noise anybody had the same problem .

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
hey guys . everytime my engine is heated up it makes a fast clickin noise anybody had the same problem .
yeah mine has dont that, its just a cable come loose of the inside of the bumper just need to clip it back in place away from the fan, hope that helps :doublethumbs:

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Its the injectors.

Very common noise on the small VX engines. Get the bonnet sound proofing off a diesel corsa and this stop the noise being so aparent to you.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I'd probably say you're all a bit far off the mark.

Most common problem with the chain driven engines (1.0/1.2/1.4) is the fact that the timing chain slackens and begins to rattle. The tensioners don't seem to take the slack very well in the Corsa's and therefore the chain remains slack and rattles when warmed up.

Expensive to have done properly, and still £170 to just have a new chain without new tensioners etc. I'm disappointed with mine as it still ticks even though i forked out the wedge to have it put right.

Ed

·
Registered
597 Posts
I'd probably say you're all a bit far off the mark.

Most common problem with the chain driven engines (1.0/1.2/1.4) is the fact that the timing chain slackens and begins to rattle. The tensioners don't seem to take the slack very well in the Corsa's and therefore the chain remains slack and rattles when warmed up.

Expensive to have done properly, and still £170 to just have a new chain without new tensioners etc. I'm disappointed with mine as it still ticks even though i forked out the wedge to have it put right.

Ed
the dude is right! my chain slipped when i went from 5th to 3rd doing 90 in a last ditch effort to slow down for a roundabout! only cost 60quid for a complete kit with tensioners and everything.. dont buy from vaux buy from local motor factors.. fitted it myself.. easy if you know the difference between a ring spanner and a ring piece!

·
Registered
15 Posts
if its xep engine could be the actuator for the inlet manifold flaps if not timing chain iv also had a waterpump make noise at work

1 - 9 of 9 Posts