Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can someone advise? Corsa c , 2003. Basically runs fine. Though noticed recently that sometimes after starting car , typical after using it , engine oil light comes on then disappears after revving engine. The initial bit engine sounds terrible (noise rattle, poss chain, tappets) but then perfect after revving. Does not happen all the time.

Changed oil and filter few months back, mannol 5w40, any opinions non this oil? It was cheap? Maybe this is why? I looked at oil pressure switch , can't see any leaks there. But I assume it is working as when the noise then the light as clearly oil not getting to top of Engine quickly enough. Engine oil is correct level..

My thoughts:
Cheap mannol oil?
Head Gasket going?
Oil pump going?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
change oil and filter again for another brand, have you changed density? if it is still the same would say taques that are downloaded
Hi

Thanks. Always been using 5w40 as per specs. Only change oil to Mannol brand as cheap on eBay. Had good reviews online. I Checked before I purchased it. Could be crap oil? I was going to do an oil/filter change anyhow to see if would fix issue or not. Do you mean change filter brand or oil brand or both? Any opinions on doing a engine flush? I've never bothered with flushing before as always did two oil changes a year.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
It sounds like you have a worn timing chain if its the 1.0, 1.2 models?
They do rattle a lot and more so if the oil pressure is a bit low.
Try swapping to a 10w40 oil which is one the was recommended by Vauxhall for this engine in the UK climate. I use Shell Helix H7 10w40 in all my Vauxhalls now so i get a 20L can to keep costs down. Also use a decent brand oil filter, I have seen some cheap ones crush and restrict oil flow a lot.
If none of this helps then look to getting the oil pressure checked before spending out on new parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Can someone advise? Corsa c , 2003. Basically runs fine. Though noticed recently that sometimes after starting car , typical after using it , engine oil light comes on then disappears after revving engine. The initial bit engine sounds terrible (noise rattle, poss chain, tappets) but then perfect after revving. Does not happen all the time. Changed oil and filter few months back, mannol 5w40, any opinions non this oil? It was cheap? Maybe this is why? I looked at oil pressure switch , can't see any leaks there. But I assume it is working as when the noise then the light as clearly oil not getting to top of Engine quickly enough. Engine oil is correct level.. My thoughts: Cheap mannol oil? Head Gasket going? Oil pump going?
Hi

Can someone advise? Corsa c , 2003. Basically runs fine. Though noticed recently that sometimes after starting car , typical after using it , engine oil light comes on then disappears after revving engine. The initial bit engine sounds terrible (noise rattle, poss chain, tappets) but then perfect after revving. Does not happen all the time.

Changed oil and filter few months back, mannol 5w40, any opinions non this oil? It was cheap? Maybe this is why? I looked at oil pressure switch , can't see any leaks there. But I assume it is working as when the noise then the light as clearly oil not getting to top of Engine quickly enough. Engine oil is correct level..

My thoughts:
Cheap mannol oil?
Head Gasket going?
Oil pump going?
Watch this video carefuly you will see:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts