Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26,907 Posts
prob nigh on impossible for them to find out its been remapped

but if you crashed and needed a new ECU would you really wanna pay out the 300 it costs to map or the amount it costs to add to insurance

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Declared? - Technically yes, but the chances of them finding out are almost impossible so i would just leave it ;)

·
Registered
290 Posts
oud be suprised at how many ppl do get caught, when you crash if the cars not a write off, part of them fixing it is plugging it into a diagnosis machine, this verifys that all sensors and bits and bobs are working, and at this point they can tell its remapped...... remapping a 1.2 wont do much tho, im repamming my 1,7 diesal next week, will ensure i tlel insurance th coz swods law says if i dont the car i crash into will be a flashy new ferarri or summat and insurance will tell me where to go

·
Registered
32,874 Posts
technically they do need to know about the aerial as isn't not standard :lol::lol::lol::lol:

but as the car isn't made with a taxdisc your fine with the one you've got

:lol:
So as my car wasn't built with a turbo i can add one on and its fine? :p

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
well if your gonna crash.. make sure your in 5th gear red lining... make it worth while...

only way of finding out of a cars been remapped would be to download the map from the car and then compare it to a standard 1.2 map.

now if vx service your car they update the map version you have so.. it would probably of gone if they service it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts