Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of upgrading my 1.2 sxi with the 1.6 Sri engine. Does anybody know if this a straight swap other than gear box and brakes.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Do you mean the 1.8 SRI as in the UK the 1.6 was not fitted to the Corsa C.
Or are you talking about the 1.6 turbo from the Corsa D?
The 1.8 is a straight swap if you have a complete front end package with, subframe, drive shafts, brakes, mounts, engine, gearbox, exhaust system, cooling pack, front end loom and ECU set.
You would need a bit more and to do some wiring for the 1.6 turbo swap though. It shares the same castings as the 1.8 and 1.4 engine found in the Corsa C for mounting it. (timing belt engines)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean the 1.8 SRI as in the UK the 1.6 was not fitted to the Corsa C.
Or are you talking about the 1.6 turbo from the Corsa D?
The 1.8 is a straight swap if you have a complete front end package with, subframe, drive shafts, brakes, mounts, engine, gearbox, exhaust system, cooling pack, front end loom and ECU set.
You would need a bit more and to do some wiring for the 1.6 turbo swap though. It shares the same castings as the 1.8 and 1.4 engine found in the Corsa C for mounting it. (timing belt engines)
Sorry I should have been more clear I’m on about the D sxi 1.2 and putting a 1.6 sxi turbo engine in it

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
You would then need all the controllers and harness as the D was fully canbus which makes engine swaps a lot harder.
Personally I would just buy a 1.6T Corsa D or the 1.4T model is also pretty good. In the UK insurance companies will charge more if you declare an engine swap than if you get a car with that engine in from factory, plus you don't have the hassle of changing the details on the V5.

So in sumary yes it can be done on the Corsa D but you will need a complete donor car to pull all the parts off, you will need the gearbox, drive shafts and hubs as the petrol turbo models are 5 stud hubs with bigger drive shafts.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Doesn't the 1.6T have a bit of a rep for burning up piston #4? You might want to be careful that it isn't a damaged one (the usual caveat that more people complain on the internet than praise, and it's not the case that a bad rep means they're all affected).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts