Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, noticed that my engine goes up in temperature fairly fast compared to when I purchased my car. It’s had a lot of work done to it since then, just want to know if it’s healthy. It gets to about 80° in 5 mins. It’s a 1.2 2003, and didn’t go up this fast before. Thanks

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
As long as it doesn't over heat dont worry about it. Mines upto 85 in around 5 min of driving. Outside temperature effects the heat up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you go for a longer drive where does the temperature stabilise?

Also are you losing any coolant?
it will sit just below 90 sometimes on it. It will never overheat. Also just had a new waterpump. Sometimes the engine does sound heavy, maybe coil pack I was thinking?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it will sit just below 90 sometimes on it. It will never overheat. Also just had a new waterpump. Sometimes the engine does sound heavy, maybe coil pack I was thinking?
not loosing any coolant, also just flushed it and added new coolant

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Yeah, sounds fine. I have the 1.7 diesel and that takes forever to reach a warm temp. In winter, with leather seats, it's no fun actually completing the trip to town before the needle's budged and my buttocks are welded to the dead cow. Consider yourself blessed.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Sounds spot on.
My 1.2 sits just under 90* after about 5-10 minutes of driving, just creeps higher when stopped and fan comes on to bring it back down.
The flush and new water pump (did you have a new Thermostat as well?) will have made it run as normal again.
If you have no coolant loss no problems. :) (y)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds spot on.
My 1.2 sits just under 90* after about 5-10 minutes of driving, just creeps higher when stopped and fan comes on to bring it back down.
The flush and new water pump (did you have a new Thermostat as well?) will have made it run as normal again.
Nope didn’t get a thermostat :/

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds spot on.
Nope didn’t get a thermostat :/

·
Registered
529 Posts
Stat is easy to get at and cheap to buy. Mine doesn't take long to get warm either, so don't worry too much, my heating's extremely toastie when it's needed!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts