Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

All in one go?

• Go for it, i might even be able to help!

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Doing it in 1 go? this is madness!

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Madness? THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!

Votes: 4 33.3%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so below is a list of the things i be trying to get for my car:

interior
custom gaiters (currently in envelope)
sxi Gearknob(my god can someone find me one???)
sunglasses holder(just bought)
retrim rooflining(just an idea atm, originally wanted to roofmount amps ideas?)

ICE and electrics
new HU(coming soon i think)
new amps(got one splx thingy coming, and possbily upgrade my sub amp)
remounting speakers/crossover(own vibe blackairs but totally bodged the crap out of fitting)
the big three(not even worked out everything i need for this)
battery covers(to make life easier more than anything)
amp wiring(thinking of fitting a 2 or 0 awg power line, and putting all the rcas under the carper through the center console)

wheels, brakes and suspension
new discs and pads(hopefully get them fitted by someone off here in SW)
painted calipers(seems logical to do this)

exterior
sri grillz and possibly fogs(have nothing yet)
HID kit(not even sure bout this)
debadging/custom badging(watch this space)

my real question is, im buying all this in bits and pieces as money comes in, but when it comes to it, should i fit the majority of this kit in 1 day, e.g. wiring and retrimming while brakes get sorted out and paint calipers night before etc etc.

i just think the whole do it bit by bit thing, while rewarding, is a bit too annoying for me, when it seems in my mind that i could do all if it in 1 day/weekend(with the right weather and some help) then it would seem like getting a new car?

opinions, and offers of help totally appreciated

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
over a weekend tbh

·
Registered
599 Posts
To be honest mate, if you rush modding a car you will just completely change your ideas. If i had the time again i would go to more meets, and more car shows and look at other cars and get inspiration from that.

all the above could be done in a weekend though definately. Oh and roof mounted amps thats a crazy crazy crazy amount of work to find the support to hold the weight of the amps!!!!!! trimming it a different colour is easy though :)

·
Registered
21,815 Posts
To be honest mate, if you rush modding a car you will just completely change your ideas. If i had the time again i would go to more meets, and more car shows and look at other cars and get inspiration from that.

all the above could be done in a weekend though definately. Oh and roof mounted amps thats a crazy crazy crazy amount of work to find the support to hold the weight of the amps!!!!!! trimming it a different colour is easy though :)
Agreed as I had the idea when I had the roof lining out so build the skeleton for it and that took a full weekend making sure it wasnt going to go anywhere, since then i changed my mind.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
dont rush into thing mate lol.

·
March Feature Car
16,652 Posts
May as well do it over a couple of weeks so you can take your time and get it all perfect :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i should prolly point out ive been planning the mods for bout a year. i think for the corsa i may stick to rear moutning amps, but when i get the astra i will plow a thick amount of time designing everything.

erm, has anyone made a roof linin gwith diff materials in 1 go, like with a pattern?

·
Registered
21,641 Posts
If you do all that in one day Ill give you all of my tools because your a much better engineer than me

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well it wouldnt just be me. the idea would be to get some mates involves, getting everything out and then working together to get it all done. hmm that sounded like an advert for changing rooms or something..

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
too many cooks spoil the broth, besides, its not ideal to have too many peopel buzzing around from my experience, persoanlly id do it steady, over a couple of days, do it in aeras too, Audio, interior, exterior etc making sure stuff is to how you want it youself, cause iv foound me and my mates opinions on stuff are differnt a bit. Its worth it mate. Your obviously not 100% or you wouldnt have asked the question. good luck though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts