Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a knackered cat cause exhaust fumes to come throught the heating vents in car? I can smell the cat when i first start car and when driving, it seems to be getting worse. Also the temperature appears to be higher than normal too.

And to top it all off, i pulled outta drive this morning and a load of rain water fell onto floor in passenger side of car, came from behind dash somewhere.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its back into garage tomorrow, been in an out of garage all week. Getting a bit tired of this now.

I've just read up on the water leak and a few people in this forum have had this leak from same place due to having a stereo fitted, which i have had too. Probably just a leaking grommit for the amp wire. Ill get them to check that too.

·
Registered
32,874 Posts
Would a knackered cat cause exhaust fumes to come throught the heating vents in car? I can smell the cat when i first start car and when driving, it seems to be getting worse. Also the temperature appears to be higher than normal too.

And to top it all off, i pulled outta drive this morning and a load of rain water fell onto floor in passenger side of car, came from behind dash somewhere.
Problem 2 is the grommet behind the battery.

A knackered cat wouldn't cause fumes to come through the air vents.

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
The air vents take their air from the sealed battery/scuttle tray, so youd have to be leaking some serious exhaust to be breathing that. Might be the time to have your exhaust leak tested?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Honda Accord diesels have a problem like this. Its usually a cracked exhaust manifold

·
Registered
120 Posts
probably a cracked exhaust manifold, these are very expensive about £506 from vx, i managed to get one from www.onlineautomotive.co.uk around £300 and are more beefier and robust than the original, ggod luck sortin out that water issue though .;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I looked under car while engine was running. There is a section of the exhaust under the cat that has a mesh around it, there are fumes coming from there. I dont know how they are getting into the air vents inside car. Im gonna ask them to look at the leak while its in garage too. The exhaust leak has got to be caused by the problem i had a couple of days earlier when i lost all the oil from the car (which was the fault of the garage).

·
Registered
228 Posts
a had the same water leak, a have a amp wire comeing through as well but it leaks higher up than that at the body control module. its a commn fault with the c's. the garage says its the grommet if u have a amp wire running through the car, but the seal on the body control module deteroates and starts to leak

·
Registered
881 Posts
i'm having the same problem with mine atm, with the water leak, wasnt sure where its bin comin from...ach its rainin now so i'll probs have a nice pool in the passenger footwell when i move it later...o well i suppose sumtimes u jus afta laff at ur own misfortune ha

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
aye the leak is the grommet like people have said!

i managed to get my car valeted for free cos the ice shop didnt put it back in after fitting it and it soaked all my carpets and that! lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah the water leak was due to the grommit, so now thats solved. There was a hole in the exhaust which has been sorted too. So, all seems to be running fine again now. The cat itself is fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts