Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1.2 Sxi. Have been lookin @ exhausts but cannot make up my mind.

I am not sure what to go 4. Would like somethin around 3" but not a oval but it has to make a nice noise but is not to load @ high speeds.

Dont know if to go for a full system or just a backbox. All depends on what u all recommand and £.

Cheers
:?:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
corsaboy1 said:
I have a 1.2 Sxi. Have been lookin @ exhausts but cannot make up my mind.

I am not sure what to go 4. Would like somethin around 3" but not a oval but it has to make a nice noise but is not to load @ high speeds.

Dont know if to go for a full system or just a backbox. All depends on what u all recommand and £.

Cheers
:?:

If u buy an off the shelf back box from peco, scorpion etc.. u wont get a decent noise. It will sound trather pish to be honest.

If u get urself a custom baxk box fromthe likes of Powerflow, Longlife etc then it will sound miles better, but not too loud that it would annoy u on the motorway. I got (well had!) a custom backbox onmy corsa c and it sounded **** hot for just a back box.

U'll get loads of folk tellinu to get a full system, but all ur gonna do is waste ur cash mate since u dont want it loud.

Custom back box is way forward

·
Registered
191 Posts
I paid for a custom built full system from longlife, have to say the quality of it is excellent. and it sounds pretty cool too. i didnt want it too loud, so i had the middle box replaced with a smaller stainless steel silencer, which means its a bit louder than a back box but not too loud to get on ur nerves on long runs. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
771 Posts
yup, as i said this will be perfect for what u need, it will sound gud, but it isnt 2 loud

people will hear u pullin off n cruisn but not speedin along :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi there, i recon scotts right on this one. A custom job is what you should get. My mate got his made up at a place call Freeflow (similar to powerflow).

If you want it to look and sound good. Ive got a peco on mine at the mo, its not the best, soundz ok when you are razzin about.

A custom back box will cost about 150, decent price for what u'll get. They can make it as loud or as quiet as u want, you have loads of tailpipe designs to choose + it can be hung on the car to your exact requirements.

Personally i wouldnt bother with a system. Go for a duplex instead (thats what i'm thinkin of gettin), the boy at Freeflow quoted me £300. It would look the the dogs boz on a corsa. Twin squared oval tailpipes each side!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts