Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello serious now not my week for this car. could you please help me!

Firstly the sub plays when the front speakers dont work so like underwater very annoying. the battery went dead a day ago at uci and it had to be recharged...i didn't even have the head unit on! it sounded like a rapid machine gun when trying to start the engine. the lights worked etc.

today I drove the sub was doing the same thing, this time though on the dual carriage way the headunit caught on fire/smoked alot. the front speakers crackled like mad! I got into the drive roughed the head unit out boiling hot, there was crackiling coming from the speakers with the engine off etc.

There was a loose connection from the ariel to a grey wire...no idea what this is.
after unplugging the whole head unit for safe measure the central locking wouldn't work from the keypresser neither would the engine start yet again so had to be recharged.

with this information could anyone help me identify the problem with my corsa. Im returning it to standard by taking out system and putting the cassette back it. Thankyouu

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Your battery is probably ****ed if it keeps draining like that. Had a problem with my battery where it kept going flat, couldn't lock the car or anything. Then when charged it up 2 of the cylinders started miss-firing cos the faulty battery was sending a fault code to ecu.

Might want to get your battery checked

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im gonna recharge my battery. are sound systems easy to take out? want it out and sold asap. Is recharging the battery worth it? and i wont be selling the car on this website lol

·
Registered
558 Posts
just get new batt, or 2nd hand one from a scrappy? £45 new if you go to kwik fit lol or £10-£15 scrappy, job done

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers folk i'll get a new battery. treats me right though my amp doesn't have enough power for the sub.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts