Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guyz..... my mate got a 53 plate corsa life for 3000 on auction!! but hes gna sell it off soon coz he needs da money, thing is i asked him if he wud swap his headlights for mine (mines an 02 prefaclift model) and he goes he will as long as they will swap and fit correctly.... so was finding out if they did, ne1 kno? ne help wud b gr8ful, cheers, sav

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
The guide to removing the bumper is here:

http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4

The light are then only held in with three bolts I think it is and they will lift out. Obviously there are cables attached to light em up, just un-plug these, and hey presto, the rabbits out the hat :? Sorry light is out the car. Yeah , that's it!

The only reason for the bumper removal is because there is one bolt on the underside of the light, but Chewy changed his by loosening the bumper and letting it drop forward, but not off, and then removing the underneat headlamp bolt. It's up to you.

It's quicker just loosening the bumper, but easier if it's out of the way.

Personally, if you are not 100% sure/confident, I would suggest you remove your bumper before your mate gets there, and have a look at how it all goes together. When he gets there, just loosen your mates bumper for the swop out.

K :)

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
bit of a problem the corsa life doesn't come with the de headlights. they was only fitted to the sxi,sri and design models so they will be the same lights as you have :(

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok i thort so, i saw it at like 10pm at night and i cudnt tell wid his lights on, ill take a pic of em and post it up so u lot can tell me coz dey deff look diff to mine im sure of it, cud b rong knowing me!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Chewy said:
bit of a problem the corsa life doesn't come with the de headlights. they was only fitted to the sxi,sri and design models so they will be the same lights as you have :(
I thought that as well mate but there is an old couple down the street from me with a facelift C and that has your lights. It certainly doesn't look like an SXi or an SRi and I doubt they paid for the HID's.

Will check next time they tootle past! :)

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
like i say it could be the design.they just look like a standard one with a few extrza bits..corsav it may have them in you know how they swap models about

·
Registered
729 Posts
Iasked if they could supply these headlights and they came back with the price so I assume that's there normal price as opposed to a one off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts