Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2000 Y reg semi-automatic Corsa has just developed this fault on the dashboard where the part on the dash which shows the current gear selection is faded.

The car seems to drive OK but the display is faded, other lights on the dash seem OK but if I turn on the lights the left had side of the rev counter seems dimmer than the right, but I would have thought that the gear selection display would be independent to that. I;ve attached some pics where you can see the "A", "N" and "R" faintly.

Chance it is just a fuse or bulb?

Speedometer White Light Gauge Odometer

Speedometer Light Odometer Gauge Motor vehicle

Speedometer Odometer Light Black Gauge

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
the light of the screen has been melted, disassemble the frame and change them all, so you save returning to desmobtsr if another one melts, think that they all have the same hours of work

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Late to the party (been doing other things) but yes - there is an exact same slot for the auto's LED in the correlating position as for the trip display. I remember this from when someone here with a manual C asked what it was for and why there was no LED in place. Description and pics look like this specific LED is dud or near-dud. That said, as jewels wrote, it's worth considering replacing all of them having got the unit out.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I can have a white led, you can put it blue but during the day you won't see much, I'll leave you a photo and you can decide which one you like more

1 - 7 of 7 Posts