Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not the newest one, but the one before.

Any body driven them or know what they are like, im debating on buying one but i really dont know.

Opinions?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Nippy enough, and handle excellently - but probably a bit lacking for a 1.6 with an 'S' badge on the back in terms of raw pace, but the handling makes up for it. Look ok too.

I looked into getting one after my 1.25 Fiesta, but ended up with my Corsa. Trouble with Fiestas/Pumas/Kas of that age is they will, with a few exceptions, be going rusty. Also aren't quite as modern as say an SRi Corsa (obviously, as they're only a facelift of a design that first came out in 1997 or so) so no little luxuries such as steering wheel controls etc. and obviously feels a little cheaper/older inside, less space and so on. In other words, probably better options for cars depending on budget and how long you intend on keeping the car for. :)

·
Premium Member
18,687 Posts
The first Zetec S Shape? Oh no. Epic'ly slow for a 1.6 after the old XR2i's etc. For some reason everyone I've ever met who has one seems to think it's the fastest thing ever? lol

I remember when they came out my mate had a Saxo VTR, and went to test-drive a Zetec S with a view to changing, he came back most disappointed.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
i agree, my brother had an 06 plate one with leather seats and climate control.. nice interior, quite nippy and never had any problems with it - great car! Nice ST like exhaust system makes the rear look lush imo.

·
Registered
14,744 Posts
the bottom one is either a zs with ST decals and an ST valance or an ST with zs badges and alloys.

Edit: zs - no rear disks.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
I own a 51 plate fiesta ghia with a 1.6 zetec s engine in it.

I would say it's fairly nippy but far from being near quick, good handling & great for cruising on the motorway but it certainly isn't no hot hatch. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
the bottom one is either a zs with ST decals and an ST valance or an ST with zs badges and alloys.

Edit: zs - no rear disks.
ST decals, zetec s rims. but can get the same decals for the zetec s but says zetec s on it instead of st obviously.

quite nice car i think, far from quick but isnt slow!

·
Registered
25,958 Posts
Drive one and see.

I think they're great little cars. Yeah, not outright quick but it's a 1.6, what do you expect? I guarantee you'll have fun in the thing though as it's a superb little handler.

Mods are readily available if you want more power.

Whatever way you look at it, it's an improvement over your 1.2 that's for sure.

·
Registered
879 Posts
When me and 5 of my mates passed our tests we all got Corsa B Sports. After that they ALL got Zetec-Ss (The Mk5 ones like you're on about) and now they all rave about em sayin they're better than the Corsas. I disagree so I got a Corsa C. My 1.4 SRi keeps up with them. Admittedly they're smart little cars but for a 1.6 you could do so much better. I've driven them and they don't feel pokey enough and they're really small. However I work with a lad who's Puma'd his Fez and it ****ing flys like **** off a shovel! Go on ZSOC.com and have a look-see.

Corsa C FTW :yes: Fez-S FTL :no:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
The first Zetec S Shape? Oh no. Epic'ly slow for a 1.6 after the old XR2i's etc. For some reason everyone I've ever met who has one seems to think it's the fastest thing ever? lol

I remember when they came out my mate had a Saxo VTR, and went to test-drive a Zetec S with a view to changing, he came back most disappointed.

have to agree, all cocks that drive them...Well not all, but they all seem to think nothing can take them on

& I always see the fukkas giving it the full on bean, can tell the lil 1.6 is at its peak when the front is in the air and the back is squatting but the donkey behind the wheel keep on at it :\. (squatting rear good on a e46 m3, not a zetecS with soft suspension tbh)

get yourself a 1.8 C or if you can afford the insurance Astra GSi z20let turbo :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts