Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon everyone.

This is probably a silly question but do you know if changing the final drive gears on a F13CR394 to 418 or 429 will change the speedometer readings? I know on older classic cars the speedo had to be calibrated to the final drive (or rear diff) so changing the diff meant a new speedo. Is it the same for the Corsa? Secondly, where is the speedo sensor?

Cheers

·
Registered
69 Posts
On non ABS cars the speed pick up, for sure, comes from a pick up that reads the phonic wheel on the LH(at least on LHD cars). I'm not sure about ABS cars, but I guess it will be the same.

Which means that it will read the speed of the wheel and give you a proper speedometer no matter what you do to anything except to the tyre diameter.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
What 4Bolts said, Speed signal is taken from the front L/H wheel speed sensor and is the same for ABS and non ABS Corsa C's.
Only changing the rolling radius of the tyre will alter the speedo so you are good to go with the lower ratio final drive.
I have a 3.54:1 in my Corsa C F23 box now. Not revving nearly as high now for 70mph it's only 2,500rpm not 3,800rpm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts