Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I want to fit a better headunit in my Corsa (Like an Alpine or a Sony), but how do I go about making the headunit work with my current steering wheel controls and dash display? And if the dash display doesnt work with the headunit, what will it display? Just the date and temp? :?

I know I need a fascia adapter, but I'm unsure as to whatever else I need to get it all working...

Does anyone have any help and/or advice??

Cheers :)

btw, heres what I had in mind: http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/shop.php?category=/cd+tuners/&product=451

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
you will need facia adaptor as you have said. depending on which headunit you get you can buy steering wheel adaptor kits to make the steering wheel controls work.most do them sony,kenwood,alpine and pioneer all do them i think.as for the mfd all that displays on there is the time and temp the date only comes on when you turn the hu off

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh, I see :)

Do you think this would look pants, or would it be OK?

Honest opinions :D

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
i'd personally save another £50 - £60 and get a slightly better model.sell your standard hu on e bay i got £100 for mine

·
Registered
632 Posts
sburrows said:
lol :lol:

Ok then m8, I'll go 4 an Alpine then

Cheers 4 the help :)
Got a Sony myself & perfer it over the Alpine i used to have. Alpine myb the best in some peoples mind but the size of the buttons really puts me off.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
sony do some sweet looking units, but alpine are just straight quality, with added looks :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
here is my headunit it's pretty good for £200 loads of stuff on it.i like the little movies and flashy bits it does

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
I got an alpine, and I'm looking for another, cos I'm bored. The Alpine is sweet, all I need to do now is find a nice one that suits me with mp3 and AI net control, as I don't want to lose my 6-disc player.

I'm considering the sony 1 model above chewy's, but only cos it's blue rather than red behind the buttons :eek:

If I can find a nice looking Alpine, I'd reather buy that, as I like the qulity of the one I got, but then again, Sony are better value for money!

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Oooooohhh, Pretty Colours. I only want blue tho Chewy :lol:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers for the advice lads :)

What are kenwood H/U's like??

I know its a bit of a random question lol but u can use kenwood headunits with ur on dash display and controls, and they look pretty decent...

If anyone has any views, lemme know :D

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Kenwood's new HUs are a bit crap. I have a fairly basic one, and a mate has a £400 MP3 super-duper one. My works OK but sounds pants. His sounded OK but died twice in 3 months.

I've kept my Kenwood as I already had the steering wheel control lead I had from my Astra, and I really couldn't go back to not having the steering wheel controls after having had them for years now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts