Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just a case of undoing the clamp, removing from rubbers and pulling??

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Yeah, just a good pull is needed, can be quite tricky if you've not got a ramp. if the car is older then it gets really stuck on with the heat

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
You don't need a ramp, as your car aint that old and should fly off mate, and yes btw it's as simple as that. Mine took a bit of a beating due to it being on there for over three years!

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Cheat and cut the old ones off! Get a stanley knife with a new blade and slice away!

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Did you not get new ones with your new one? I did!

You did buy an Irmscher one new didn't you? They come with a thicker heavier set of mounting rubbers compaerd to the standard ones, cos it's a heavier BB

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Strange, they should come in a bloody big box with a set of rubber mounts, an adapter to fit the 1L, two new clamps, instructions and certificate.

Make sure you have the clamp undone first and move the box towards the back of the car to lift off the two hooks first, then go backwards to lift it off the back one. Twist and turn the box whilst pulling to get it off the mid-pipe.

I had problems twisting, as the heat had stuck the ipes together tight, but the mounts were a breeze

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
just take to yoiuir local exhaust place! mine got fitted for a fiver, drive it in 10 mins later its done and my hands diodnt even get dirty :lol:

·
Premium Member
35,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gonna do that tomorrow Chaz, but my hands did get dirty :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts