Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got any advice on fitting a spoiler as i have to drill through the boot and im shiting myself incase i bugger it up..it was suppose to be getting fitted for me but the guy let me down :(

So any advice on what type and size drill bits to use ect (chewy shud knw :lol: )

This is the spoiler if it helps

Cheers guys

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Get some masking tape, a Drill, A small drill bit, a larger drill bit,A measuring tape, A pencil and somethin with a long straight edge (long enough to reach right across your drill points. The small drill bit is for a pilot hole to stop your larger one drifting off course and causing damage. Your larger one should be about half a mm to 1mm bigger than your bolt.

Place the masking tape on your hatch where you think you are going to drill. This will stop the drill sliding about, and give you somethin to mark off.

Measure the hatch and mark off the middle with a straight line (front to back)

Measure the distance between your bolt centress on your spolier, and divide by 2.

Draw another front to back straight line this half distance from the centre to the right

Repeat for the left.

Confirm distance between marks is as per original bolt span measurement!

Now measure the spoiler from the crease line to the centre of the bolt.

Mark this distance with a left to right line on each of your front to back lines giving three crosses.

Check they all line up in a straight line with your straight edge!

You now have the drill holes marked out.

Using the drill and small bit, drill the two outer holes that line up with your bolts.

Change bits, and drill throught the small hole you just made.

You should now have two holes that your spolier bolts fit through. If you have to go through two skins, make sure the angle is correct for your bolts.

Push into place and fasten up your bolts.

Job Done.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could you do a picture :lol: or explain a little easier and that just confused me

I understand most of it but not some bits but thats just the kind of info im looking for :thumbs: cheers ka$h

Am thinking of fitting it tomorrow if weather is ok so the more help the better guys and still what type of drill bit to drill through the hatch? hss?

·
Registered
453 Posts
If it has the same screws that came with mine then with the doubble skin of the car I had to make the hole on the inner skin big enough to get the head of the screws through, mine had 4 screws so i had 4 holes on the outside but I only put 2 holes on the inside as I put 2 screws through the one access hole on each side.

Hope this helps and dosn't make it more complicated :)

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you find it easy or hard as the one i have it a crap mould to the boot shape

Any suggestions or tips?

·
Registered
453 Posts
The only real problem I had if I remember was stoping the screws from falling into the void in the tailgate and then getting them out when they did :D I used a telescopic magnet to get them back.
It is a bit of a fiddly job.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will find out tomorrow when i attempt to fit it :roll:

Cheers Si

Posted it in the wrong section but didnt know how to move it :oops:

·
Registered
453 Posts
so am I mate Im trying to stop Norton Internet security from taking away the thumbnail pics on my Fotopic page.
Thats the best pic I have of the spoiler at the moment. :)

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wahoo!

Finally understand your instructions ka$h :D

I feel alot more confident now as those instructions are damn good :thumbs:

Cheers bud

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Your welcome mate. As I have said before, I have a good engineering background, and have broke loads of bits of my car trying! Just ask, and I'll try to help wherever possible! :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yeah Ka$h there good instructions I did mine almost like you said with masking tape and marked that it makes the job easyer and takes the guess work out of it. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts