Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I manage to fit CD30 radio instead original CDR500.
All Corsa versions are using CAN.
Main problem is that prefacelift radio is not using CAN for communication.

You will need connector for CD30.
Also TID display and connector from facelift Corsa is needed.

You can take a look at schematic to see how to rewire everything it is not hard at all. Look at the attachment.
If you have display and radio that is not paired then you will have additional trouble. If you need help with pairing I can help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Well done, however. Wasn't a CDR2005 fitted before? Can you redo the wiring with soldering in line and shrink tube over it? Antenna plug needs some sort of adapter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for late response. I bought Corsa for my wife and that Corsa came with cheap china usb player which I didn't like. I bought CD30 radio and then I released that radio is not compatible with my car. So that mistake needed to be fixed :D, instead of buying an older model of radio (CDR2005) I decided to buy new display :D that can work with CD30. Whole time I was testing it on bench. I needed to unregister radio eeprom dump to pair it with display BUT one member of some different forum told me that it will never going to work in a car and he didn't want to unregister my eeprom dump. So I did reverse engineering and created my own web application for unregistering CD30 eeprom dumps.
Radio Unlock <- you can check it here, application is free. After it I was looking at wiring diagrams in autodata and thats all. Radio works perfectly. Yes adapter is needed for antenna, also like you said it will be better to use soldering iron with shrink tube over it but what can I say except that I was lazy to do that. The only thing that I didn't do is I didn't connect radio to OBD connector so right now I can't access it via diagnostinc tool. Problem is that metal contacts/pins are missing in OBD connector because my car is older and CAN radios are not supported. Workaround is to connect radio CAN bus wires to climatronic CAN bus wires which are connected to OBD connector.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
While you're here, Forman, you would be able to help much more than I have with this thread:

I think the problem may be outside of the MFD but, if the writer does need to use the used MFD he bought, it won't pair up with the CD30 he still has so you might be able to advise.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Btw, i have a CD70 with aux, GID with board computer and UHP4 bluetooth module, all paired for sale. I see that you are quite handy with that stuff so i thought you maay be interested? :geek:

Here is the thread on how i did it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts