Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the 'how to' for this in the tutorials section but a mate is gonna do it for me cos i'll probably muck it up! Anyway - I want to go for blue neons but what is the best i.e. brightest make - i know u can get the max power ones as well as the LED ones but don't want to buy them, have them fitted only to find they're not very bright :? Any suggestions> Also, the tutorial says to use 12" neons - would 15" fit in the footwells or will they be too big? One last question - i plan to have them wired to my headlights so when i put the lights on the neons will come on - is this the proper way to do it?

cheers in advance. :wink:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
I have 12" in mine, and I reckon you could fit 15's in tho.

The best way to do it is how you want em! Some people only put em on when the door is open , some with the lights, me I just have a switch to put em on when the mood suits!.

As for brightness, it depends on the ones you buy, anf now that summer is almost here, the light nights bugger up the brightness of interior neons big style

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought 2 LED blue tubes this morning! - wish I had read this sooner as I only got 6" - but I think they'll be fine - cos the LED's are really bright and the place I bought them said that they fitted the same ones to a corsa last week and that they were bright - they also said that anything bigger would make fitting difficult :? Anyway - @ £20 each I'm happy I got the smaller ones as the 12" was £50! Getting them fitted next week and I'm also thinking about getting a neon tube fitted along the front of the rear seats - is this possible?? Also getting an independent switch fitted so I can turn them on and off as I please 8)

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Any PC Supplier like e-buyer will sell neons for PC's that run on 12V. They are actually cheaper then ebay usually :D

Just for the record www.ebuyer.co.uk

·
Registered
31,170 Posts
Slightly old thread here Dookie :lol:

·
Registered
15,340 Posts
Look on www.ebuyer.com search for 12" cold cathode and you will find

two 12" blue neons with switch and inverter to run off 12V supply for only £2.49 !!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts