Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully fitting mine this weekend if it arrives:dance:

Was looking throught the astra g haynes manual yesterday about how to remove etc, am i right in thinking you have to drain the coolant ? As it states in there you do...

Can anyone talk me through the basic's :) would be a great help.

Also its the post cat sensor you have to extend isnt it?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
nah its just the exahust mate - unrealted to coolant....

8 nuts on the head

3 in the bottom of the manifold iirc.

thats it,

o and dont forget to disconnect the lambda sensors before dropping the exhaust down.

be warned - the nuts on the manifold are basically made of cheese and round VERY easily...

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah right that must just be for the astra then what i read,

another good design from vauxhall then :|

Think i might replace them with some better one's, anyone know the nut size so i can get a few?

Seems a pretty straight forward job then, thanks for that :)

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
well its same engine so i dont see why theyd say drain coolant.... for inlet manifold yeh but for piper exhaust manifold no....

not the foggiest mate - maybe best test a socket on your car before you go buy some,

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
and although a right ball ache the original manifold DOES drop down throught the bay out the bottom - it takes abit of persuasion but it does.... same for the piper as well but in reverse :)

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeh it will be going out the bottom, mate owns a garage with a 2 post ramp which will make it a hell of a lot easier hopefully.

I'll have to that then was just hoping someone would have a clue so i could pick some up on the way home.

thanks for the help:doublethumbs:

·
Registered
19,365 Posts
just be really really careful of the manifold-head nuts as like scott said, made of the uk's finest cheddar

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
it probly says you need to to drain the coolant because a coolant pipe gets in the way when you remove the manifold (one to the left hand side of the engine from rad to head) so i took that coolant pipe off while doing this!

my best advice would be to buy new GM, studs, nuts, and gasgit and also remove the pre cat o2 sensor before removing the mani, or it just gets in the way when your trying to remove the mani out of the bay.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any suggestions on ways round not turning them into cheese strings?:lol:

Or is it just a case of a good soaking of wd40..and being extremly careful

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
I think there 10mm's If not then deffo 13's.

And yes as said already there round as soon as you put a socket here them so be very careful.There little blighters.

It is really easy to change though,The hardest part i found was bolting the Mani to the downpipe as the bolts have stupid springs washers on (Well mine does) And you had to squeeze them together and try and tighten it up at the same time.It wasnt that hard but a little fiddly Etc.

EDIT - I bought new GM Nuts.

Just a good soaking in WD-40 and be very careful is all i done.My car hasnt done many miles though so TBF they where'nt actually that bad.

·
All Time Best Corsa 2013
9,414 Posts
There are ten 10mm nuts, I'd advise you buy at least a new set of nuts from Vauxhall as they will round if you're not careful, as said above.

The hardest thing about the job is getting the standard manifold off imo, the Piper one goes on soo easy from underneath, I was quite surprised actually lol

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah ok, i cant see the sense at all in using really weak nuts like that :shrug:

Hopefully might be a little easier on a ramp and with 2 people doing it.

A trip to the local stealers i can see is going to be in order. Shouldnt be to expensive anyways.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts