Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen loads of people complaining about this recently and a couple of weeks ago i noticed water coming down from behind the glovebox in the left hand corner so had a look on here and saw a few people saying about a BCM or something or other. thought id have a go at fixing it myself anyways.
not really a tutorial or anything just thought it might help someone else plus save a few pennies.
all screws are T20 screws.

heres a picture of said box. its just next to the battery

To take the cover off, I just peeled back that spongey seal that goes across the bay and undone those two screws at the front

then theres a screw right at the back which is kinda hard to get a screwdriver to so i had to undo part of the scuttle panel which is just one screw on the right near the bonnet hinge

you can see here the screw at the back and theres one to the right under the hinge.
i dropped a screw so i had to use a cross head when i put it back together lol :facepalm:!

theres also i think 2 screws on the left then it should just come off, it is a bit of a tight fit to try and pull it out of there but heres a picture of it off for good measure

you can see the seal has all perished and split so just pulled it all out and scraped the bits out with a screw driver. hopefully this was the cause of the leak.

so then i filled the gap with bathroom sealant but silicone would work just as well.
IMPORTANT!! you MUST leave this to set completely before you put it back together or it will seal shut and you wont be able to get it open again :lol:

once this has dried i put it all back together, trying not to lose any screws :ninja: and hey presto! hopefully its fixed. i'll update once its rained lol

dont bother with sh*tty comments, i reallise that a lot of people on here can do this for themselves, just thought it might help someone who isnt that confident with mechanics etc..
thanks, Phil

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would have thought it would be better to let the sealant set round the lip when back together so a real seal is formed?
it would indeed but then it would be sealed shut and be a pain to get open should the need arise, this way, when its bolted together, its water tight yet not stuck together

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.