Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been covered lots before, but i just want someone to simply tell me everything i need to do from the very start to the very finish. My engine gets up to about 85 - 90 degrees which is where it should be, but cold (or very very luke warm air) just blows out the heaters. I have read that you should check the entry and exit pipes of the heater matrix. Am i right in presuming that these are the 2 black pipes (about an inch thick)? if so then yes, one is getting hot and the other only luke warm. What do i do from here. Can i flush it my self and how do i do it. Also what would i need (what do i need to fill up like anti freeze etc.) I do have a fair bit of mechanical experience so if someone tells me clearly i should be able to do it. Thanks to anyone that can help :(

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just letting people know that I have now flushed he matrix and im getting good heat in the car.. If anyone needs any help with this just let me know and ill do my best.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Jordan! Help me mate! :) My girl mate's car's done this! :) Talk me through it. I have a VAG, so Vauxhalls are new territory for me. I've learnt a bit on my brother's C mind. Cheers!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i've been meaning to do it for ages.. definiely dont buy a new one till you have tried this! trust me i was thinking about just getting a new as tbh i just cba to try doing this incase it didnt work.. but now i have heating.. i really dont know how i managed!

Basically i dont know how much you know about them so ill try and make them easy but...

1. Open up your bonnet and locate 2 black pipes (about an inch thick) going into the center of the bulk head (bit seperating the engine bay from the car). These are the input and output of the heater matrix.

2. The left pipe is the output and the right, the input. Pull both of these pipes off (there is a metal clip you pull out, and then just pull for your life... dont worry mine were a ba****d to get off so i used a pair of grips to help).

3. Then get a hosepipe and put it into the output from the heater matrix (the left pipe).. and run water through untill there is clear, clean water coming back out the right hand pipe.

4. Connect both hoses back up securely, fill the coolant back up with antifreeze at the resevoir, and run the engine for 10 minutes or so.

5. I would recommend you check these pipes a few times after aswell to make sure you have connected the securely as you dont want no coolant running through your engine!

... If i have helped, hopefully you will realise what your missing out on!

Make sure you try this, its a really easy job.. dont be afriad and keep putting it off for ages like I did! ...Let me know how you get on :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cheers mate! Spot on guide!

I'm a beginner really, but understand a fair amount by now! Just not used to working on Vauxhalls! Bit of a VAG lad lol... Cheers again for being helpful! :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes mate in mine just a bit splashed out as soon as I pulled them off but not a constant flow (well wasnt in mine anyway)... suppose you could try and catch this or shove a rag underneath the pipes but i didnt bother as its quite fiddly and i was too bothered about my fingers dropping off at -5 degrees! This is why you MUST fill the coolant back up.. you dont want it getting low :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey mate... this is how it went for me. yes, I did it at -2' too haha. Good God it was cold! Anyway, did it, good as gold. Flushed out matrix etc. Then it was much better... Spent SOME time bleeding it, overheated, refilled it again, bled it some more, then topped it up again. God knows if the right "parts" are in the mixture by now. Should be anyway. But yeah - her Corsa still isn't AS hot as my brothers heater (brother also has a Corsa C). And goes up to 90'. Rather than the usual 80' odd.

Plus - as I revved it, the heater went warmer, then back to a luke warm (warmer than before mind) as it idled again?

Could this be anything to do with a worn water pump or something? It was a little tempermental, but better. Maybe flush out whole system? A lot of crap around the top of the resevoir etc. Christ, rant over.

·
Registered
28 Posts
One more thing ;);

how did you ensure there was no air lock in the cooling system when you put everything back? I'm just not convinced that it's 100%... it's still not right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi there im having a similar problem with my corsa c at the moment before i wernt getting any heat at all from any blowers i endend up paying a garage tochange the matrix but still crap, only 2 blowers are luke warm and rest are cold to the car generally is still cold, my dad has looked under the bonnet and both pipes are quite hot obv one hotter than other so cant work out why there is no heat coming through? as both pipes are hot i didnt bother flushing it through....
any help apreciated thanks, jason

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't really know what to suggest but it's probably worth knowing that before I did mine, I thought both of mine were hot.. However this worked on mine

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey mate... this is how it went for me. yes, I did it at -2' too haha. Good God it was cold! Anyway, did it, good as gold. Flushed out matrix etc. Then it was much better... Spent SOME time bleeding it, overheated, refilled it again, bled it some more, then topped it up again. God knows if the right "parts" are in the mixture by now. Should be anyway. But yeah - her Corsa still isn't AS hot as my brothers heater (brother also has a Corsa C). And goes up to 90'. Rather than the usual 80' odd.

Plus - as I revved it, the heater went warmer, then back to a luke warm (warmer than before mind) as it idled again?

Could this be anything to do with a worn water pump or something? It was a little tempermental, but better. Maybe flush out whole system? A lot of crap around the top of the resevoir etc. Christ, rant over.
My daughter's was doing the same turned out 3 of the blades in pump had broken off so changed pump this fixed the fluctuating heat but still not getting hot so next step is flush matrix

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.