Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how to find the part number for a flywheel off of a Astra 1.7d (non turbo)? I can’t find any being broken so need to find the spec/measurements/part number to buy one new/uprated/performance part. Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
is this what you're looking for

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is this what you're looking for
I thought we were on to something there 🙌 needs to be 6 bolt. Can you help me

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought we were on to something there 🙌 needs to be 6 bolt. Can you help me
so basically I am trying to mate the f17 gearbox to an X20xev. I have the clutch from a 1.7 di so need a 6 bolt flywheel from a 1.7d (not Isuzu) engine but I cannot just find a part number to search for a generic part of such

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I think I’ve solved this conundrum. Research suggests that a flat type flywheel from a 1400 16v is the same as the 2L 8v which is the same 6 bolt pattern as the X20xev and these are much much much more readily available than an old 1.7d Astra or 1.6d kadett. I’d like to be corrected if I’m wrong before ordering one. Thanks

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Ask the Corsa B guys. They love to put the smaller gearboxes on bigger engines. Maybe it's because they like to break them and replace them so frequently or for the straight line acceleration for drag racing?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ask the Corsa B guys. They love to put the smaller gearboxes on bigger engines. Maybe it's because they like to break them and replace them so frequently or for the straight line acceleration for drag racing?
Good shout mate. I’m only using it as that’s the one I’ve got for now I hate breaking things 🤣

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Personally in the Corsa C chassis I would find a F23 with the 4.17:1 final drive from a Zafira as you are N/A or even the 3.94:1 ratio from the Vectra B and Astra G. It would bolt straight in as it's what came on the Z20LET, Just order a TTV flywheel for the Z20LET but drilled to suit the X20XEV.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Personally in the Corsa C chassis I would find a F23 with the 4.17:1 final drive from a Zafira as you are N/A or even the 3.94:1 ratio from the Vectra B and Astra G. It would bolt straight in as it's what came on the Z20LET, Just order a TTV flywheel for the Z20LET but drilled to suit the X20XEV.
Yoda has spoken. Would I need hubs to suit bigger drive shafts for the f23?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
You will need knuckles from the 1.7cdti Corsa/Combo/Meriva with 5 stud hubs then swap the hubs to the big block mk3 Cav 4 stud ones.
You can also buy 4 stud hubs which have been machined down to fit the standard front wheel bearings, not as strong but they do work, I have used them in mine for many years without a problem but others have had them fail.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts