Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
701 - 720 of 737 Posts

·
Registered
26,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #706 ·
Glad there's some people still interested

Won't be posting any pics yet (apologies) as still at the bodyshop.
BUT, it's so close!!

Has come so far in the past 2 weeks.
All body parts are now sprayed. Rear bumper and arches are on. Rear spoiler on. Front arches on. Front bumper almost ready to go on. I've put the rear coilovers and 17" wheels on, changed the look even more.

Should be ready to come home in the next few weeks!!!

We loosely placed the front bumper on, I had tears in my eyes and a big lump in the throat. She's beautiful.

So glad I never gave up on this!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #712 ·
Over the moon its back!! And very pleased with how most of the build is going now its back!

But the oil pressure is the big stumbling block
Below 2000rpm the warning light is on. Have tried 2 brand new oil pumps and pressure switches. So safe to say its not those.
Someone had a thought about an oil restrictor in the block, that would cause a restriction and cause back pressure which might be what puts the light out.

Safe to say during the rebuild I wasn't aware of a restrictor and didn't look for it, so maybe it fell out during the rebuild
Don't know if you've noticed one during your engine rebuilds @Mr drew?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I didn't think you'd post a reply, assumed you would be locked in the garage, staring at it, working on it or sat inside making engine noises..I don't recall there been a restrictor in the block. There is however an over pressure valve behind the oil filter that could be stuck open slightly? Don't know if or how easy it is to remove and clean.

·
Registered
26,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #714 ·
Haha unfortunately until I can get the oil light out to get an mot on it, it's stuck at work.
I found the oil restrictor listed with the engine block, but typically doesn't show it, and I didn't have an pictures of the cylinder head
I did remove the cartridge style filter housing and change it to a spin on filter, not sure if the may have made a difference somehow. Just a pain tryna get to the bottom of it now

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
The cartridge style and spin on filter blocks are different. Theres now a hole thats behind your oil filter thats allowing the oil to leak back into the crankcase. I can't think of an easy way of blocking it either, but if you put the cartridge assembly back on your pressure problem will be fixed.

·
Registered
26,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #716 ·
Don't have many pictures of it doing engine build, but do have this shot!
Could it really be as simple as I've done something that I physically cant/shouldn't

At which point might be easy fix, but just need to find a housing

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Ha, just been out to the garage to take that exact photo! The hole at the bottom is the problem.The easiest fix is definitely the cartridge filter housing, having thought about it you may be able to get a piece of shim stock cut it to sit on the sealing surface like such..
Automotive tire Art Font Automotive wheel system Rim

hylomar it in place and fit the spin on filter over the top..

·
Registered
26,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #718 ·
The original reason for fitting spin on filter was to fit sensors for gauges I was gonna stick in the dash.
Have since bought digital dash that will have different sensors anyway that might just stick in standard oil pressure sensor hole when it comes to it.
Not fitting digital dash till engine run in and fit throttle bodies so just relying on standard oil pressure warning till then.

Finding and fitting a housing definitely sounds the simplest option for now!

If it is just that I am gonna be so so happy that haven't missed something inside the engine

·
Registered
26,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #719 ·
https://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.c...YQFnoECDEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3NmVTRpy5YzmpemcduWGSf

Just found someone who had exactly the same problem as me after moving to spin on after old housing cracked!!

@Mr drew you have no idea how much I could kiss you!! If it fixes it

Have got sheet metal at work that can fabricate a blanking plate out of, could prob use sump sealant to stick on to the block and then spin oil filter onto that

701 - 720 of 737 Posts