Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
721 - 740 of 752 Posts

·
Registered
26,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #722 ·
Have taken another 2 days off this week to try and get it on the road.

Wasted 4 hours yesterday trying to find why the brake light fuse was blowing.
Turned out I'd done some "wiring" a few years ago and joined a random wore into the brake light wiring, duh!

Today was a lot more productive and probably doing more finishing touches than needed as haven't really run it up yet

However, can anyone tell me where on earth this pipe goes? Part number 24411313. Not sure if important as was sat in a box with a load of trims

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #727 ·
One of those moments of a designer justifying their job by designing a random part haha

Getting so close to MOT now. Wanted to start it up and run up for a bit Saturday before leaving work, typically didn't want to start. Think was looking too deep following the wiring I'd sorted, but a few minutes before finishing we think may have found actually out of fuel

·
Registered
26,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #728 ·
We have insurance.
We have MOT.
We have tax.
WOOOOO!!

Had it running for a bit today aswell to try and find any leaks before it's first road test.
Typically oil leak, think was coming from crankshaft sensor. Hopefully hit if sealant has sorted it
Other than that it's pretty much ready to go! Tapatalk Cloud - Downlaoad File petal_20220113_225347.mp4

·
Registered
26,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #730 ·
Will get round to that
It last saw the road May 2008.
That was until this morning was only briefly 200yds up the road.
Drove quite nicely!! But it's still seems unhappy at idle and engine management light now on checked with Delphi and no codes in engine, but codes for fuel level sensor (has dropped massively overnight, may have to redo a previous repair where extended wiring) and exterior temp sensor. But wouldn't think would bring engine light on.
Day off tomorrow so try and get oil leak sorted and try opcom to see if that pulls any codes.

Attached video is under bonnet of when had it idling once warmed uphttps://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/61e1f3d7d37ea/petal_20220114_220507.mp4

·
Registered
26,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #731 · (Edited)
Well spent morning off at work on the beast.
"reshaped" passenger rear arch so doesn't hit the coilover. And thats about where the success finished

Thought the oil leak was from sump so removed and resealed.
Attempted fitting different front disc that might work with brembos, didn't work
Managed to get opcom working and could see codes that work laptop didn't. Various codes so cleared.

Started it up.
Engine warning light on and oil leak on floor

Codes back are 0130 and 0135, O2 sensor and O2 sensor heater.
I'd checked the fuses when had brake light issue so think they OK.
Only stupid idea in my head is that I've somehow got the plug on the wrong way round, which is why fault with both circuits on connector, but thats a guess at the minute.

And oil leak looks like coming from my home made blanking plate

Have come so far to get to this point and now it's just pissing me off lol

Oh, forgot to mention that heard and air sucking, and found that sounds like sucking air in around injector number 4. Just another thing to add to the list

·
Registered
26,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #732 ·
So, another update I'm sure no one cares about

Found out the lambda sensor id fitted was wrong one, so correct one fitted today and engine warning light is now off! But still not quite running right.
Disconnected MAF as a random shot. Didn't really improve so don't really think that's causing it.

Had a thought about it and decided I've got to go back to basics.
It's never really run right so start from the beginning. Check the timing.

Haven't checked the bottom timing mark, but aligning the cam pulleys I'm thinking that they are looking lower than they should and they notches need to go higher.

Hopefully though this means finally got to the bottom of not running right. Have got everything crossed!!

And still haven't sorted oil leak yet

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The timing marks dont look too far out, no further 'off' than mine looked but you never know. For the oil blanking plate you may need to 'polish' it using finer grades of wet and dry on a flat surface so it requires the bare minimum of sealant.

·
Registered
26,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #735 ·
It looks like they only need to go up half a tooth, so an extra one tooth between them on the belt, but need to see where the crank is and hopefully will give me a better picture. I'm sure it was a pain when was timing it up when built the engine up but will just have to see.

Think will try remaking the blanking plate anyway and make it a bit neater, take my time and hopefully will help it seal better.

·
Registered
26,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #736 ·
Redid the timing today. Turns out I'd managed to get the crank spot on
Actually ended up turning both pulleys round a tooth and timing marks look better to me now.
Ran it up. Still not completely happy though, mainly at idle.
Still Injector seal to sort, and found I'd not applied any sealant to the blanking plate over the EGR holes on the black, so sucking in air there as well

·
Registered
26,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #737 ·
Finally a little win, it idles perfectly now! Well, once its finished cold start
Cold start really isn't happy as revs keep dropping till nearly stalls, revs up to 3000, pops and then slowly comes down again.
Think may have to find someone to tune cold start, otherwise may have to find new neighbours

Haven't had it running long enough to check to make sure the oil leak is gone though, but initially looks OK

Getting hopes up again it may finally see the road properly soonTapatalk Cloud - Downlaoad File Cold%20start%20forum.mp4Tapatalk Cloud - Downlaoad File Warmed.mp4

·
Registered
26,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #738 ·
May have a little win. Popped the gearbox out, flywheel out, and was staring me in the face

New crank seal in, have run it up and will check again on Monday and fingers crossed its dry!

Now have drivers seat in as well.

Just need to reattach steering column and bleed the clutch first thing Monday,and I think is pretty much ready for driving

·
Registered
26,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #739 ·
We have the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Actually managed to go for a 10 mile drive last week! Drove quite nicely and was happy.

And now it doesn't start have done nothing to it since coming back from the drive and parking it up. Now it will fire up but very quickly just struggles to idle and stalls.

Have got codes in body module for can communication with cluster, and a code in the cluster for "replace ecu".

Can only think maybe a fault in the cluster.
Just frustrating that drove absolutely fine a week ago!

721 - 740 of 752 Posts