Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello people,

I'm about to upgrade my front door speakers, just wanna know a few things.

What size speakers can u fit in the front door of a Corsa C SXi?

And do u need speaker adapters to fit them to the car?

I'm looking at some JBL speakers, but didn't know whether i could get away with 16cm, or if i had to buy 13cm speakers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok mate cool!!!

I was told u could get away with 17cm without adapters.

So its best to go with 13CM speakers in the front

·
Registered
15 Posts
you need 13cm and the adaptor plate from auto leads but cut the leadsand bullet the stock loom to the speaker cos the auto leads adaptor cable is crap and comes lose after about 6 mnts

·
Registered
379 Posts
yeah 17cm will fit in fine into the door holes. but watch the depth of the speaker. i have 17cm JBL speakerz and were too deep to be put straight in as the magnet caught on the window when wound down. I used the autoleads adaptor which takes anything from 13-17cm speakers. 17cm speakers have a higher wattage,therefore can be driven harder and louder. mine can get very loud and bassy! 13cms are cheaper but quieter.....its upto u.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just tried the 17cm rockford hpc's in mine they are well too deep even on the adaptors gonna build an mdf collar .... Any ideas???????? :?

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
i had to make some mdf adapters which make the speakers sound much clearer,i got some 13cm door components,you can fit 17s easily though

·
Registered
408 Posts
17cm with Autoleads adaptors with Dynamat behind and around the speakers sound good.

I found the autoleads adaptor fine if you zip tie the two bits together - hard - stayed well for 18 months - no probs.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
in the old corsa (b) it was easy to get into the speaker, how do u do it on this door coz i cant see ne screws, is it difficult?

·
Registered
408 Posts
The door trims are fairly easy to remove. There are three star drivers at the bottom of the door, one in the middle of the grab handle. The other two are a bit harder. There is one behind the plastic trim around the door opener. You will then need to get the plastic trim off that holds the tweeter. I found it easy to just pull forward and then get a screwdriver behind and pop out the little white plastic bits. There is then one more star driver and then just pop the other trim poppers forward. When you have done that, you will need to get hold of the loose door trim an dwith some force, lift it up. There are three metal clips that hold the trim panel to the door where the window glass goes into the door. (Be sure to get these back properly!) When you have doen this, disconnect electric window switch and mirror switch and hey presto. All done. When you put it back, dont forget to put the wires back through the holes before putting it all back tgether!!

Dynamat isnt essential but for a tenner its worth it. You dont have to use adaptors but better so you dont have to butcher original wiring!! and they cost about £3! Saves hassle. :lol:

Hope this helps!! Good luck.

·
Registered
408 Posts
No probs. Done whole Corsa C at least three times with full installs so can take all panels out blindfolded! Any other queries, dont hesitate to shout!!
:wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts