Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently noticed my front left speakers adapter (Autoleads) has started to rattle a lot when my music is playing (at all volumes).

I have taken the door card off and checked that the speaker isnt blown (as thats what it sounds like) but the speaker looks absolutely fine (its an Alpine Type-S 17cm)

I tried to screw the adapter tighter to the door frame but it didnt really make much difference as the screws just kept turning.

Any ideas on what to do as the rattle is getting really annoying??!!!??

thanks in advance! :(

·
Registered
35,110 Posts
sounds like the adaptor is rattling mate. The screws wont tighten all the time for some reason (I noticed this on mine) could always try a bit of superglue behind them or locktight on the screw :shrug:

·
Registered
35,110 Posts
should work i reckon mate, alternatively pack it out a bit with cardboard behind the adaptor ;). As far as the speaker being blown, if you push lightly around the cone of the speaker, if you here a scratching noise its definitely gone ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
get some bigger gauge self tapping screws then you have already got at the mo from b&q gauge means thickness of the threaed part incase you need to know, or you could take adapter off and run a bead of mastic round adapter and screw back in place and onece its set shouldnt rattle at all.

·
Registered
35,110 Posts
pretty sure it will bud, bare in mind though, it will probably take the silicon/mastic 24 hours to dry properly :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok - went to B&Q today and they have never heard of mastic! lol
is it like bathroom sealant stuff (the white glue/spongey kinda thing or just a type of glue??? please help asap! thanks :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.