Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah I’ve done it now mate thanks. I wanted it out so I can fully clean out the tank as it was a diesel and I don’t need the fuel pump/sender as it’s gravity fed to a bike pump for now and until I get a fuel cell and I couldnt be arsed to change the tank to a petrol one.
Do you have any idea of the best/easiest power feed for my fuel pump mate? Is it as simple as a switched live and earth such as cigarette lighter? Can I run things like this straight off the battery if I put an inline fuse in? Thanks mate 😎

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just went that route as that’s what someone said to do. After reading more I could have just used a fpr and brang the pressure down and used the standard fuel pump but oh well. I’ve read of people just using an ignition live with an inertia switch would this not be sufficient? Baring in mind it is kinda temporary for now

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Personally I would use the vans wiring, fuel pump relay triggered from an ignition live and fit an adjustable FPR but also take out the in tank FPR if it was a petrol tank (not sure on the diesels? you would have to run a return line back to tank then though but that's simple enough to do.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah that’s the way I wish I went now. I’ve butchered the tank now as I’ve got an outlet on the bottom of the tank and pretty much smashed the sender assembly out. Like I said it’s pretty much temporary as far as the tank situ goes as I will have a fuel cell later on in the build when I start the rear engine malarkey. If that’s the case then I may aswell use the existing power and earth on the fuel pump as that will have a relay I guess or will this not work?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes it is 1 of the 2 purple relays in the front fuse box. You will just have to add a trigger as it would be triggered from the ECU normally.
couple questions for ya yoda green 😎 my fuel pump wire colours are blue/black and brown/white so which one is live? And also my cars crank sensor colours are black, brown and brown/blue but my crank sensor on the engine is black, red and yellow so do you know what goes where. I may aswell directly ask you 🤣 cheers mate

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Blue/black is live. Brown/white is earth.
General rule with Vauxhalls is Red = 12V, Black = ignition switched 12V, Brown = earth. so any wire with a red trace is switched live, brown trace is earth switched. other trace wires are usually switched from a control unit.
I would need to know what car the engine came from and it's age and the same for the Vans crank sensor then I could look it up on TIS (Vauxhalls wiring schematics) as I have a pirate copy on a very old computer (windows XP) take ages to load the program and to screen shot you only get small images and no detail. I have to take screen shots, load on a usb the import to my new laptop in order to share but it is poor quality images.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Blue/black is live. Brown/white is earth.
General rule with Vauxhalls is Red = 12V, Black = ignition switched 12V, Brown = earth. so any wire with a red trace is switched live, brown trace is earth switched. other trace wires are usually switched from a control unit.
I would need to know what car the engine came from and it's age and the same for the Vans crank sensor then I could look it up on TIS (Vauxhalls wiring schematics) as I have a pirate copy on a very old computer (windows XP) take ages to load the program and to screen shot you only get small images and no detail. I have to take screen shots, load on a usb the import to my new laptop in order to share but it is poor quality images.
A computer hacker that owns a tractor 🤣 thanks a lot mate. Well all I know is it’s an XEV from an auto omega and obv my van is RA03PBV but I genuinely don’t expect you to go to those lengths mate judging by my previous experiences with you this stuffs stored in ya brain 🧠

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This Floatless Fuel Sender utilizes an internal pressure transducer to measure the amount of fuel in a tank. The concept behind this sender is hydraulics and pressure. The part of the sender that sticks into the fuel is a hollow tube that fills up to the level of fuel in the tank.
Forpc.onl jiofi.local.html
thanks I appreciate that mate but I just wanted to know how to take it out mate. Cheers

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A Fuel tank sending unit is a term for the mechanical assembly inside your fuel tank which measures the level of liquid in the tank, then reports its findings to the fuel gauge on your instrument cluster
thanks mate. That’s why I wrote ‘assembly’ I.e the cradle it all sits in. Sorted now anyway but thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts