Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
ebay is a better bet than here. The closest I could find to you available right now is Gravesend, and it's the half-leather SXi+.
The only full leather ones I saw were nearer my neck of the woods and £200+ with a bizarrely high number of watchers. It depends on how patient you are. I got mine for £80 after messaging when they failed to meet reserve. Perhaps they're getting scarcer because the "completed listings" history suggests there are people out there willing to pay, so the price of the SXi+ doesn't seem that bad. The bolster rub on the driver's seat is pretty much universal so you'll struggle if that's a dealbreaker.

No joy on Gumtree. There's Shpock, but I never bother - enquiries were never answered and now it doesn't seem to work if I don't "accept all" on their cookies popup.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I believe that the Combo van has door card unique to the Combo van? If this is for your old project van??

Tigra B seats would be your best bet if you only want the fronts in a van? They sell from £50 a pair, If I can find a clean set of SRI seat's I will happily bin out the leathers in my SRI, to slidey and not very comfortable.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m after putting a rear bench seat in and wanted them to match the fronts. I’ve currently got tigra b seats in there. Maybe I’ll just find a rear grey bench then

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I've just been re-looking at the subject of a rear bench in the Combo over the last two days, as it happens. Not because I need one - mine is the 5-seater Combo Tour with glass all the way back - but because I have leather fronts from the Exclusiv and failed to get the rear (Klimt cloth) swapped over. That's because the backrest would not come out. I've been reading on this old VxON thread

that rear-seating a Combo van is not dead straightforward but is doable with a bit of removal. The best seat for ease is either from a Tour or a Crew Cab, but those benches can cost a whopper even with paint spills on them and, of course, are never leather (either Klimt or the later grey/grey check). A C rear bench might go but leave a lot of arm room and a smaller centre seat (from reading elsewhere) and that thread ^ OP heard that an Astra G rear bench is the better fit.

I looked on YT for a video of taking out Astra G seats (none on the Combo Tour or Crew of course) and I have to say it looks so much like mine that I realise where I went wrong trying to get mine out (the Torx inside the rear panel cover).

Trust me to find this out when the weather's miserable, the Tour is going nowhere before Spring, so I can't confirm yet that the C leather rear drops straight in, albeit for 2.5 people and increased shoulder room (I saw one for sale with almost certainly C rear leather but it was put in before the seller's time and he had no info). I have, JIC, been looking for Astra G leather rear benches. A couple of H rears in leather, both near me, for £30 and £76 (VXR and instantly offered at £50 once I watched) but the H might not be a fit at all.

As z22 says, you will have no joy with door cards in leather - your only option is to retrim them. I found out the expensive way. The 3drs in my complete interior were too long and the 5dr fronts that I paid £30 plus 2hr drive for were too short. The Combo door and door card is its own thing and either scratchy grey cloth or bare plastic.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts

Sittingbourne's not super close but I've done worse treks and the GSi Recaro is one of the few leathers fitted to the Mk4 G Astra. Somewhat filthy, looks like a missing centre belt (that might not be an MOT problem in a van conversion) and some belt extras will need budgeting for, but £20 might be worth enquiring further with a few messages.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've just been re-looking at the subject of a rear bench in the Combo over the last two days, as it happens. Not because I need one - mine is the 5-seater Combo Tour with glass all the way back - but because I have leather fronts from the Exclusiv and failed to get the rear (Klimt cloth) swapped over. That's because the backrest would not come out. I've been reading on this old VxON thread

that rear-seating a Combo van is not dead straightforward but is doable with a bit of removal. The best seat for ease is either from a Tour or a Crew Cab, but those benches can cost a whopper even with paint spills on them and, of course, are never leather (either Klimt or the later grey/grey check). A C rear bench might go but leave a lot of arm room and a smaller centre seat (from reading elsewhere) and that thread ^ OP heard that an Astra G rear bench is the better fit.

I looked on YT for a video of taking out Astra G seats (none on the Combo Tour or Crew of course) and I have to say it looks so much like mine that I realise where I went wrong trying to get mine out (the Torx inside the rear panel cover).

Trust me to find this out when the weather's miserable, the Tour is going nowhere before Spring, so I can't confirm yet that the C leather rear drops straight in, albeit for 2.5 people and increased shoulder room (I saw one for sale with almost certainly C rear leather but it was put in before the seller's time and he had no info). I have, JIC, been looking for Astra G leather rear benches. A couple of H rears in leather, both near me, for £30 and £76 (VXR and instantly offered at £50 once I watched) but the H might not be a fit at all.

As z22 says, you will have no joy with door cards in leather - your only option is to retrim them. I found out the expensive way. The 3drs in my complete interior were too long and the 5dr fronts that I paid £30 plus 2hr drive for were too short. The Combo door and door card is its own thing and either scratchy grey cloth or bare plastic.
so can I actually just use corsa c seats in the rear. I’m only enquiring about leather as if I’m doing it I might aswell do it as best poss but I’m not bothered as it’s actually a work van/budget project (well...under 5k project) so I’m not worried about it looking amazing. I know I have to remove the false floor skin in the back but are the bolt holes for seats and seatbelts present do you know? Sorry if this is included in the video I can’t watch it atm as I am at work. Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
The video is a straight Astra G like for like seat swap. It's mostly useful for seeing where it and a Combo Tour/Crew would bolt on. The VxON thread is more useful to you. There's a lot of scrolling past the endless subwoofer posts to do, but you'll see how a Crew rear seat was put into a van that didn't originally have it. From that, it flows that an Astra G or Corsa C should also. I did get my C rear bench lined up and it looked like it was good to go in but I couldn't get the Tour bench out and gave up. I hope to have another go after the winter.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The video is a straight Astra G like for like seat swap. It's mostly useful for seeing where it and a Combo Tour/Crew would bolt on. The VxON thread is more useful to you. There's a lot of scrolling past the endless subwoofer posts to do, but you'll see how a Crew rear seat was put into a van that didn't originally have it. From that, it flows that an Astra G or Corsa C should also. I did get my C rear bench lined up and it looked like it was good to go in but I couldn't get the Tour bench out and gave up. I hope to have another go after the winter.
thanks mate. I’ll get to it soon enough

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don’t think I could hack a drive for anything atm well, I don’t really have the time. Got a1 scrapyard and breakers near me and can’t even find the time to get down there where they are in abundance. Soon tho

·
Registered
2,982 Posts

This is in Guildford. Personally, I don't think it makes a bid at £70, never mind the BIN, but I might be wrong. The SXi+ does have a little advantage of not freezing your buttocks in winter if you CBA wiring up the heating on full leather.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts