Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
It doesnt really matter much TBH mate.I fitted my Inlet Mani first though simply because i didnt have enough at the time for a FULL Piper system.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i've got enough for cams and exhaust or cams and inlet, If only piper were slightly cheaper then i could have both :(

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
u buyin the replica inlet off ebay?

tbh its swings and roundabouts as you need cams/inlet/exhaust manifold and system for it to get best gains.

cams 350/400 ish
piper 900 ish form MSW?
replicaq inlet - 390

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh buying that, as he lives about 2mins from my house which is a win.

And yeh i know what you mean, im just debating is it worth getting the inlet now as he's only made so many i read somewhere...so dont want to get the exhaust then find out he's not making them anymore

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
yeh buying that, as he lives about 2mins from my house which is a win.

And yeh i know what you mean, im just debating is it worth getting the inlet now as he's only made so many i read somewhere...so dont want to get the exhaust then find out he's not making them anymore
sounds like you decided youself then lol

go for the inlet and cams - get them fitted then go for the piper - you never know in that space of time a 2nd hand one might pop up :)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Is that replica inlet manifold any good, thinking of getting one myself, copy of the dBilas one isn't it?

·
March Feature Car
16,652 Posts
i have the piper system, inlet and cams are next on my list now lol.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Turns out i went a little spend crazy and ended up getting the full piper system and inlet, both being fitted this weekend hopefully if the full system turns up by friday :)

Im having my cams fitted 30th jan i think, saving up for a remap once its all done

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Major win, not being able go out for a few weekends lose :( but its all worth it in the end.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I'm booked in at midpoint this Saturday, so shall see what can get her running at, n maybe more than 17 mpg

I had the cams first, then the piper manifold, n then the inlet can't wait to get it all tied in n mapped by someone properly!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh dear that's quite bad on fuel then, mine be like that then i guess. im booked in for sunday for the guy fit the ebay inlet. You'll have let me know what your gains are mate!

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
nah should be fine - with all my stuff fitted and unmapped i could still achieve 350/400 miles on a full tank (pure motorway driving) about 250-280 with a combo of town driving and booting it.

after mapping i now return about 250 ish (not had chance to give it a run down the motorway yet)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts