Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Through Spain the news comes out that the UK is dry on gasoline, that you have no drop anywhere and that the country is going to stop, is this true or is it another lie of the shameful management of HP de Sanchez?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Its the media doing what they do best. Talking rubbish!!!

I passed 3 fuel stations this morning who all had fuel, no queues.

We have had a issue with fuel supply due to driver shortage which was made worse by the idiots who immediately rush to fill their cars up and create a fuel shortage. Locally the last week has seen queues at the garages but nothing to cause concern. The last 2 days these queues have a reduced dramatically. Hopefully it will continue as more and more people now have full tanks of fuel in their car that they simply wont use.

·
Registered
302 Posts
We bought unleaded yesterday at Tesco in Hatfeld. Only about 5 cars in a queue in front of us. Good thing as we were running on empty

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
No diesel at most places in Bolton. Got some at BP…. £35 limit,
Wouldn’t have but it was on the reserve and bad for fuel pump if too low.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What happens is that the Spanish press laughs at anything in the UK for leaving the EU, that if there is a lack of gasoline, that if this happens the other ... and they dramatize everything, like the covid, and we are so useless that we do not look for Whether it is true or not, and unfortunately 99.99% of what is reported in the news in this country is more false than Fernando Alonso with 3 World Cups

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I am in Malaga at the moment, but I return to NW England in just over a week. I hope that sanity returns by then because I left my Focus with ~5 litres of petrol. I don't think this is Sanchez making things up. I have been reading UK news online while I'm here and AOL (UK) News is full of the stories and The Guardian also to a lesser extent. People put up videos on Twitter with queues and sometimes even fights. Mostly, the forecourts involved are the big supermarkets with cheaper fuel. I intend to 'phone the family at home because there is a Tesco supermarket at the end of my road (long road, still quite a distance) and a smaller supermarket with a Gulf station around the corner. Although I am the only driver in the house, they would have noticed if queues built up anything like the ones on the news because it would be impossible to drive past them to travel onwards on my street.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
It has been hard to get fuel due to the BBC and their false news causing people to panic buy the end of last week.
There is no shortage of fuel, no shortage of drivers just a very high demand for fuel due to the false news and panic buying which has now lead to many garages selling out.
I went to 5 on the way home last night, 3 with no fuel 2 with no diesel. Still very long ques around Oxfordshire area.

Also we have no shortage of selfish idiots who have a large stock of toilet paper and fuel stored at home now.
Give it a few weeks and it will sort it's self out as the drivers catch up with stocking garages again.
It has become a bit like a Mad Max film with people fitting over and stealing fuel over the weekend though.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I was in Malaga when Covid started up and the "covid toilet roll" panic amused me. Just about that time, February 2020, a fire in a warehouse near Sydney Australia burned up a large portion of New South Wales' stocks of toilet rolls. Because of this, people in the Sydney area rushed to the supermarkets filling their trolleys with 8 packs of 24 rolls and actually fighting to grab them. Once this got on social media, the "preppers" in the USA (ready for the Zombie Apocalypse) filled their cellars and even here in Malaga people were grabbing the 24x, then the 16x and leaving the 4x packs for people like me who don't have permanent dysentery. Then covid kicked in and, for a while, the tinned foods and dried pasta went off the shelves. With the resulting constipation, I'm not surprised some people still have stacks of rolls in every cupboard.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was in Malaga when Covid started up and the "covid toilet roll" panic amused me. Just about that time, February 2020, a fire in a warehouse near Sydney Australia burned up a large portion of New South Wales' stocks of toilet rolls. Because of this, people in the Sydney area rushed to the supermarkets filling their trolleys with 8 packs of 24 rolls and actually fighting to grab them. Once this got on social media, the "preppers" in the USA (ready for the Zombie Apocalypse) filled their cellars and even here in Malaga people were grabbing the 24x, then the 16x and leaving the 4x packs for people like me who don't have permanent dysentery. Then covid kicked in and, for a while, the tinned foods and dried pasta went off the shelves. With the resulting constipation, I'm not surprised some people still have stacks of rolls in every cupboard.

Plumbing fixture Toilet seat White Toilet Light

And in scandinavian countries you get a hose nearby instead...
:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Ah yes, the "foot washer" as the British here think of it. Even more often, "the thing that you remove to install the washing machine in a small apartment"

The idea of a high-consumption electrical appliance in a wet room next to my exposed penis has never appealed to me. The Otsein I used for a few years (safely in the hallway armario) used to spit blue bolts through the air if I even thought about changing the washing programme. I still have the bidet, which probably means I must be a woke snowflake.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's almost as if the world ground to a hault last year and the fuel companies had a reserve that was going to spoil if they didn't shift it quick.....

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It seems that it is more a "let's see how the masses respond to a hoax" another day the Spanish press accuses you of Brexit to this lack of control of gasoline, that if you did not leave the EU this would not happen to you, and they bark that Germany It tells you how you have to behave, that's why you lack gasoline, that they do not allow you to go where you want and that is how it happens, Spain, where everything is lying to hate

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Brexit is one reason why UK has fewer lorry drivers, but not the only one and perhaps not even the biggest one. Wages are not high, the lifestyle is not ideal (the average lorry driver is a 55 year old - probably divorced - man) and facilities in the UK for truckers are definitely poorer than in France and Spain, the upfront costs of training are quite high and covid created a backlog of driving tests not carried out. Like the toilet rolls in Sydney, a true story that some BP stations were not able to get replacement fuel in time snowballed into a "quick - fill up the car before petrol runs out" situation and forecourts were selling 500% of their usual daily amounts. UK supply chains operate on "just in time" principles to minimise costs and these surges throw everything out of the window.

To be fair, this was a widely predicted potential problem that would be a consequence of Brexit and I have noticed for months that UK supermarkets have less brand choice for many items (eg mineral water).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Lorry drivers are also said to be endangered in Spain since Aznar got rid of the Military Service("Mili"), during the training many many people got the driver's license, including lorries. Now you have to pay quite a bill to get both the license and the paper that allows you to become a "comercial" driver. Yet you can easily check that it's not only happening in UK or Spain and it's far from new. I.eg.: for ages... Bauhaus trailer, German Brand, Polish truck and Romanian driver or something along those lines...

In Spain you'll get +30% more money if you are driving than if you are "calling people from home"...easy choice honestly...

[youtube]

And in regards of fuel supply, during lockdowns kerosene was stupid cheap in UK. Goverments want this to happen/to be shown in TV. They'll stage everything and rig the outcome. It's not about Brexit or UE,it's about playing with peoples mindset. The lower the moral and the more scared you are,the bigger they get.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Goverments want this to happen/to be shown in TV. They'll stage everything and rig the outcome. It's not about Brexit or UE,it's about playing with peoples mindset. The lower the moral and the more scared you are,the bigger they get.
Quite the opposite in this case. And the government and media never said that fuel supply in itself was low, but that doesn't stop the wave of panic buyers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Through Spain the news comes out that the UK is dry on gasoline, that you have no drop anywhere and that the country is going to stop, is this true or is it another lie of the shameful management of HP de Sanchez?
not a shortage of fuel, shortage of tanker drivers due to wages being suppressed for years by foreign drivers !, i am an ex truck driver, i came off the road because i was struggling to pay my bills on trucker wages by 2015 !, today i can't earn anywhere near what i was earning 20 years ago !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts