Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think to this?... When I was trying to fit the blue LED's in the MFD the first time as there has been many, I was messing around with the unit and I think I must have broke it somehow as when I put it all back together it wasn't very bright at all, as though the LCD screen wasn't working. When its really dark you can just see it but i the day you can't see a thing, so I'm gonna need to buy a new unit for about £25 or more.

What I was thinking of doing was not bothering buying this part again but doing this... as I've put in a kenwood HU I've already lost the display function from the stereo so all its there for is the clock and the outside temperature also the date. So what I was thinking was to disconnect it completely and take each function and try to find a gauge that would do each function. I could make a three gauge pod in the surround above the vents somehow, by having a clock in the centre with two others set back a little with the time/date and outside temperature showing. What do you think? I would either buy a gauge pod surround and moddify it or make a custom panel to hold the gauges in place and try to match the interior silver paint style with white faced gauges glowing blue at night to match my dash blue LED's and silver surrounds. Do you think it would look good or a bit naff? where's the best place to get the gauges from and do they do them for time/date, outside temperature and one other and are they easy to wire in? Has anyone fitted gauges in a corsa c before, got any pics? How would you wire in for example a voltmeter or something similar?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
i agree with scott the only way they cud even think of doing what your thinking of is getting the gauges separately and putting in a sort of custom glass fibre "pods"

maybe in a triangle formation but this could be costly for someone to make and wire it up for you (specially with the space your trying to fit em in)

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Blue LCD's are not as bright as the standard ones. It's the LED's not your display unit, put the old bulbs back in and it will be brighter as usual.

I have blue ones in mine off cobra148- can't see them in day very well at all, but at night they look great.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats just it though when I put my bulbs back in these don't work either you can't see a thing, one side seems to be a bit brighter than the other. I'm tellin you I think I broke it! I think I could fit two gauges in the spot and make a custom panel to fit them in, just would like a clock in there somewhere and something else like outside temp. I know it would fit but are they hard to wire in?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers mate, just need to find the right gauges first, want something to match with white dials silver surrounds and a blue light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts