Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all of the people that have encountered problems with the gear linkage have had mixed results i know of 3 people who have all had corsa and all been made to pay for as what vauxhall called obvious aggressive driving.

i have since found and fitted an M-Tech gearshift shortener kit from LMF and think its amazing like a totally different gearbox no messing around. heres a link anyway and if you can fit this yourself well worth upgrading to

https://www.lmfvauxhall.com/prodCat...d=777&deptId=127&catId=&catIndex=&deptIndex=8

·
Grumpy Old Git
34,689 Posts
ta mate been after something like this for a while so al be on to lmf tomorrow, whats delivery like

·
Premium Member
28,336 Posts
shame it dontfit 1.7 CDTi's :roll:

But the 1.3 has the same box so i dont get why thats the case :?

·
Registered
106 Posts
i went to my local garage and they said the corsa gear linkage is crap, they put me in a upgraded linkage (not from vaux) and its brilliant! and the best thing is it cost me £122 inc labour! probs not as good as m-tech but not bad!! :D
also my g/friend had hers done too due to sh*t vaux linkage!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
indeed i reckon its a pretty good short shift box already, so is there much point spending extra or jus getting the VX metal gear linkage? (cheaper)
however if u got a basic gearbox (ie not SXi/SRi) it would DEF be worth it!!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes even makes the sxi g/box a lot tighter my mate jumped straight into mine and said he couldnt beleive the difference.

·
Registered
324 Posts
shame it dontfit 1.7 CDTi's :roll:

But the 1.3 has the same box so i dont get why thats the case :?
Ahh but the gearshift linkage in 1.7CDTi's have a chain gear linkage where as the 1.3 would have he standard gearshift linkage..

Mine disconnected while driving to college, only had 3rd and 4th gear with what felt like a really flappy gearbox :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.