Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since thursday I've been having real trouble getting into first gear. Now I can't even get it into reverse, first or second without some force.

Does this sound like the gear linkage or worse?

·
Registered
11,281 Posts
yep its that...i had the same prob last week and got it changed for £120 all fitted!....dont worry mate nuthiin serious

·
Registered
19,722 Posts
I was lucky. I made them do mine before the warrenty ran out

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it's just bad timing. I move house in 2 DAYS! and i can't ****in reverse my car to parallel park outside my new flat!!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Yip, defo gear linkage! Mines is also like this, can't be arsed fixing it though..

·
Registered
15,340 Posts
if your car is under warrenty they will fix for free

if not the parts pop up on ebay for around £40, and you can fit yourself, there may even be a tutorial

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if your car is under warrenty they will fix for free

if not the parts pop up on ebay for around £40, and you can fit yourself, there may even be a tutorial
yea i saw a metal one going for about £25 but I'm useless under a car... I have NO tools whatsoever.
my car is a 53, definatly not under warrenty.

(I MAY just speak to my solicitor as this is clearly a case where vauxhall have identified a problem and not offered a recall it what could be a dangerous fault)

·
Registered
11,281 Posts
yea i saw a metal one going for about £25 but I'm useless under a car... I have NO tools whatsoever.
my car is a 53, definatly not under warrenty.

(I MAY just speak to my solicitor as this is clearly a case where vauxhall have identified a problem and not offered a recall it what could be a dangerous fault)
its not a fualt.jus wear and tear.jus like a clutch mate.its not dangerous jus get it replaced coz it aint really a big deal and vauxhall would jus laff at u if u even tried to put a case

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
aye spose. am just lookign for a scape goat.
I booked the car into VX for a replacment, no available spaces until NEXT week.
it must them new corsa D's clogging up the place :p

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Mine hasn't gone (yet) but I was thinking along the same lines - the sale of goods and all that state that things should last how you'd expect (of merchantable quiality and fit for the purpose) so brake pads not very long and gear linkages as long as the car. Warranty is independent of how long things should last, you get an indeterminate period to take things back if they aren't up to scratch, although after 6 months it's your responsibility to prove that it's not up to scratch.

Since many pre facelift corsas are having this problem, and vx have actually redesigned the part, that suggests it's not good enough quality. I would suggest, if you have the time, to write to vaux with the above information, and see what they come up with.

Anyway essay over. Let us know if/how you get on :)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
mines gone :x

no prob with reverse (yet) (touch wood)

but l8ly first is a real biatch to get in to!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
first and second gradually get worse as the journey gets on. reverse is VIRTUALLY impossible, sometimes after trying reverse, first then wont work, so I have to lift the bit to get into firs! not ideal!!!

booked into vaux in a weeks time, don;t need to use my car anymore thankgod too!!
I live in a flat in the centre of the city pretty much!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts