Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only got tinted windows and no one is having it!
ATM, i'm 1900 fully comp with direct line. I declared my tints, they said if they are not factory done then i have to get rid of them or they won't insure me.
I've rang a few companies, such as admiral, bell, others that do mods. I've been quoted ****ing stupid prices like 6,000/8,000

I need help!! I need a company that will insurance window tints, and aren't too harsh on 17 year olds! I'm looking to get it under 2,300 max full comp? Any help or previous experience would be so grateful, i really don't want to remove my tints..i don't even see how COSMETIC mods can even effect your insurance, talk about taking advantage..

·
Premium Member
32,406 Posts
I used to be on Direct Line with my first car, wanted to declare some springs and alloy wheels and they turned around and said that they wouldn't insure anyone under 25 on a modified car, even if it's just tints so I don't think your going to have any luck at all with them mate. Declaring mods at 17 means the chances are that your going to be paying a fortune! At 17 though, your going to have a hard time getting insured on a modified car with anyone; I'd try Quinn Direct though!

Could just do what I did with my first car and keep it for a year or two, save up your money and buy a better car - then modify that as insurance won't be quite as bad!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, yeah i heard quinn are good on mods, but they are also **** at paying out. I'll see what happens..

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
ATM, i'm 1900 fully comp with direct line. I declared my tints, they said if they are not factory done then i have to get rid of them or they won't insure me.
I've rang a few companies, such as admiral, bell, others that do mods. I've been quoted ****ing stupid prices like 6,000/8,000

I need help!! I need a company that will insurance window tints, and aren't too harsh on 17 year olds! I'm looking to get it under 2,300 max full comp? Any help or previous experience would be so grateful, i really don't want to remove my tints..i don't even see how COSMETIC mods can even effect your insurance, talk about taking advantage..
thats so expensive, i was 1300 fully comp, and i know i have a 1L but it wasnt expensive, try aviva?

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
It's different for everyone mate just keep trying

Ring up and see if they can take abit off
I'm with admiral £1600 with mods and they gave me 1years ncb because I was on my dads the year before :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's different for everyone mate just keep trying

Ring up and see if they can take abit off
I'm with admiral £1600 with mods and they gave me 1years ncb because I was on my dads the year before :)
I know guys, it's a joke. I swear i could get different prices everytime i ring up insurances, i rang admiral before this thread as i knew they were cool with mods, they quoted me 6,600 full comp? I laughed..if Direct line don't get back to me then i won't bother but i'll keep trying. And 2,300 is alot, but what options do i have with a 1.2 sxi at 17 with tinted windows and fully comp?

it's going to cost loads where-ever really hence why im willing to pay so much..

·
Registered
116 Posts

It apparently makes your car more "desireable" to thieves. But surely a car that stands out from the crowd with modifications is surely going to be easier to recover.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Try Hastings direct I am with them but I am 21 with 1yr no claims I am paying £852 fully comp on a 1.2 52 plate SXi.

So maybe try them they r ok bowt tints I rang after I took the policy out asking how much extra if I got tints & they sed it wont cost any extra as long as they r within the legal limit. I really was expecting my insurance to go up but it didn't.

I haven't even got the tints done yet but they sed they will put a note on my policy saying I will have tinted windows as of 2 months time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts