Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

had a letter from insurance today :(

2K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  Nick Long 
#1 ·
well on the 11th of december i slightly scratched someones 59 plate saab which they had only had just over an hour
put a bit of a mark on my angels
had a letter come through from mine and his insurance company today
mine saying someone is trying to make a claim
his saying if i contact them i can pay it off without it going through my insurance
my company said i would loose my old mans no claims bonus that we are using to get mine cheaper
so it was either pay £438 (£200 for the scratch repair and the rest was a hired car he had for 8 days) or loose my old mans 9+ years ncb and my old man said that i would have to pay him the difference every year until it was back up to 9+ years
so i am going to pay the £438 as i am not going to ruin my dads ncb and it would prob cost me more in the long run if i dont pay it
i have asked for them to send me a brake down of all the costs as well for my records
this has come at the worst time possible as i am meant to be having my car resprayed this weekend which has now pushed it back prob another week or two
grrrrrrrrr and to top it off my bank have taken away my overdraft which i am still maxed out at £1500
im so in the sh*t its unbeleivable
so my progress of my car is been pushed back even further
i just want it to be done :sick::sick::sick:

See less See more
#3 ·
Advice is always never to communicate directly with another insurance company. They may use your response to claim from your insurance company anyway as they are more likely to claim the money, and use your admission of guilt as evidence.
What evidence is there that you scratched the Saab?

#10 ·
I'd pay it, it'll end up costing more than £500 in the long run anyway, as they'll just end up putting your insurance up.

#16 ·
get all the hire inf, i bet you can knock a day off at least. (i do this for work)
you need to know, hire start and end dates, booking in date(when it went to garage), inspection date(when the garage carried out an estimate), authorisation date(when his insurance authorised the garage to do the repairs), when repairs started, an ecd(estimated completion date), when the car was completed, and when it was returned.
hire shouldnt start until repairs are authorised, and continues no more than 24 hours after repairs are completed (regardless of how long it took the guy to collect his car from the garage) if it took longer than the ecd you ant to know why and question why you should be payin hire etc

#20 ·
for your information
it is my policy and my car
as we have 3 cars with the same insurance company
i have my old man as a named driver on my policy and they let me use his no claims bonus on my car instead of using it on his
so i am not fronting or wateva you said it was called

also like i said i am getting a full break down of it all as i dont think the guy needed a hire car for 8 days as the scratch only took off the laquer (cant spell :p) and i doubt they would need it for 8 days to respray.

my insurance company said if i deal with it with his company it will just get dropped and wont effect anything so thats what i am doing

#22 ·
i was planning on saying that he stopped on the round about and quickly put it in reverse as he was hanging into the road like but they said they have video evidence..... i guess i should of asked to see it but then again if i said he reversed and they do have evidence then i am in the **** and could get fined a load of money

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.