Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks ago while driving to work a taxi decided to perform an illegal U turn in front of me without indication. Swung left into a bus stop then swung right to make a U turn into a Taxi Rank. I went into the side of him. Damage to the Corsa is minimal as far as I can make out the headlight needs slightly realigned which will involve removal of the bumper. Bumper itself just needs realigned as there is no damage behind it and no poppers have sheered. In light of this I am awaiting to hear if they will repair the damage as I am 100% not to blame and the insurance will 100% write it off. Considering just tidying it up and selling it dirt cheap what do yous think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
Depends If the chassis leg has moved, if the radiator is damaged.

Remember that insurance will use new genuine parts whereas if you buy it back you can repair with any parts you wish.

Post up a couple of pictures of the damage and we will try help. I know of a Vauxhall only breaker in Scotland ?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Do you have protected no claims? Our cars are cheap, I'd see if the taxi driver/company would just pay you an agreed price to cover your losses, enough for you to fix the car yourself, it's not worth the hassle of the insurance company and your possible loss of no claims

Also, Why tidy it up and sell it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts