Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a little bump today. passed my test 3 weeks ago.
I was driving home from my uncles cos had 2 deliver summin 2 him from work. i was drivin through the residential area in donnington then headin towards the juntion tht leads out. It was pissin it down wit rain and the wipers were on the fastest they can go.
i came round a bend and saw a car parked on the side of the road. i moved out and started breakin cos i was comin near 2 a junction. (i wasnt drivin fast at all)
i then found the car sliding round and accross to the other side of the road where ther was a parked car. the car spun round then hit the parked car. made a dent next to the wheel.

the guy who owns the car said its happend before and tht the reason i slid was cos of a manhole cover tht was metal and i braked as i was on it.

we hav offered to pay and i hope he takes tht and doesnt do it thru insurance or i will be ****ed.
he was a bit of a nob, he goes 'how much u payin insurance?..........haha it will be mor next year, jst u wait'
The road conditions are bad ther and reaaly bobbly which didnt help

This is the car i hit. I only hav a tiny scratch which is lucky

·
Registered
25 Posts
feel bad for you mate if he does go through insurance! at our age they realy do rape us! mine will be going up next year had my first crash friday and my whole front end needs doin!

·
Registered
17,539 Posts
Dont see, if it is the manhole cover, why dont they park in another spot?

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dont see, if it is the manhole cover, why dont they park in another spot?
he sed it happend 3 years ago for the same reason. but the car was rite outside his house so hes gonna chance it
he kept sayin how hes had bumps and how he went into bck of volvo and how everytime his car comes worse off wit the other only scratches

·
Premium Member
28,336 Posts
well that would be about £300-500 to repair that.. new 1/4 pannel/spray and pull the dent out of the door (unless he needs a new door it might go up to a grand :|) at a VW dealership to keep his piece of mind maybe?!

·
Premium Member
28,336 Posts
as its a VW he may want it done there for piece of mind?! :shrug:

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
why don't you own up and admit your mistake instead of blaming the manhole cover. pretty obvious that you were driving too fast for the conditions. sick to death of people coming on this forum and blaming everything but themselves for an accident.

fair enough its a bit **** that you've had a bump but i've been there and its better to admit where you went wrong and learn from it rather than blaming the car etc :doublethumbs:

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Read the post :S
"he started 2 be ok and say tht the manhole cover caused it 2 happen a while back."

Guy sed that not him
and the bit before that says...

since the guy said it, it must be true. from experience this wouldn't happen without too much speed. the corsa is a good wee car at holding the road compared to others out there

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
why don't you own up and admit your mistake instead of blaming the manhole cover. pretty obvious that you were driving too fast for the conditions. sick to death of people coming on this forum and blaming everything but themselves for an accident.

fair enough its a bit **** that you've had a bump but i've been there and its better to admit where you went wrong and learn from it rather than blaming the car etc :doublethumbs:
if he was driving too fast surely theyd be more damage?
the guy also said that the manhole cover had done it before, even if he said that it was cos the guy was going too fast before hand.

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
seeing where the bump it, need a good panal beater or cut and weld new section

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
it happens! lol my first bump was this time last year. I stuffed it into a brand new Audi convertable. lol, bent the exhaust system and buggered the bumper. OUCH!

my car was a complete front ender.......... Bonnet, Radiator, Slap Panel, Bumper, Head lights, Wings. lol

·
Registered
2,817 Posts

he probebly wasn't going to fast, some man hole covers very slippy in the wet and if u dont know there there would be easy to get caught out by it

not much damage you should be ble to get that fixed for him quite cheaply

·
Registered
2,763 Posts

shut up you d1ck, where you there? do you know the road he was on or the conditions? my guess is no! you can see from the pics that there wasn't much speed when he hit it, the lad s only been drivin 3 week when he hit the manhole covere probably didn't know the best way to get the car under control!

don't need c0ck ends like you giving him sh1t!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
shut up you d1ck, where you there? do you know the road he was on or the conditions? my guess is no! you can see from the pics that there wasn't much speed when he hit it, the lad s only been drivin 3 week when he hit the manhole covere probably didn't know the best way to get the car under control!

don't need c0ck ends like you giving him sh1t!
why don't you engage your brain before typing. never said i was there but what i do have is experience and for a corsa to just slide out like that and spin what require too much speed for the conditions. as you've pointed out he has only been driving for 3 weeks which was my point in the first place. not experienced enough for the senario.

i can't be bothered when people argue that it was everyone elses fault but driver error. driver error contributes to the vast majority or accidents.

so i'll be the **** that had someone i knew nearly badly injured because some smart arse who had just passed their test speeding about and loosing control causing an accident. this isn't all aimed at this guy but i'm fed up with people coming on trying to get the sympathy vote.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts