Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Isn't a very good colour match is it :evil:
Got a few interior bits sprayed by bodyshop, then i bashed on and sprayed some bits myself.... TOTALLY different shade of silver :\
This happened to anyone else :?

·
Registered
31,170 Posts
Yeh its different. Get Vauxhall paint.

·
Banned
11,833 Posts
me too. get vaux paint is the general consensus on here anyhow.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
silly Q, Do Vx sell it in a can :?

·
Banned
11,833 Posts
no they sel it in bags.

·
Banned
11,833 Posts
it is in a can i think they do spray cans as well as tins too wich is handy.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cunny funt eh :roll:

·
Banned
11,833 Posts
same here. a lighter sort of silver. had to shave them off after that..... no only kiddin. just aint got around to going to vaux for paitn yet.

·
Banned
11,833 Posts
two types?? i know theres a Star silver 1 and 2 but halfords only advertise one.?? dont they?? or am i thick??

·
Registered
31,170 Posts
Also star silver 3. Think Halfords only do 1, for an accurate colour match, go to Vauxhall

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
partridge88 said:
3 different types of star silver paint? whats the point? no wonder GM are losing money.
Star silver is an old colour that Vauxhall have used. The updated it and used it up until about 1998/99 when they brought it up to date with current paint technologies and the colour although similar is actually different.

Strange enough, there are two shades of Breeze Blue about and it's only been about 5 years.

K

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So best be purchasing my paint in future from vaux :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Had a similar prob with a black saphire touch up stick. Took it back to the Halfords and asked them to come and look at the difference in the paint. They refunded me and got sum kid to come and get the touch up paint off which shows what kind of quality paint it is anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Isn't a very good colour match is it :evil:
Got a few interior bits sprayed by bodyshop, then i bashed on and sprayed some bits myself.... TOTALLY different shade of silver :\
This happened to anyone else :?
Tried star silver paint from halfords. rubbish match. See they got star silver 2 but wont bother. will get it from vauxhall dealer. save money in long run

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,325 Posts
Tried star silver paint from halfords. rubbish match. See they got star silver 2 but wont bother. will get it from vauxhall dealer. save money in long run
please dont bump very old threads

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.