Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
umm yeah ive tried everything, i just cant get the old handbrake handle off.. the gator comes off peice of piss but the handle, well pssh no chance. anyone done it already?? help please

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
I take it you are refering just to the plastic grip on the front.

Well, there are a couple of ways.

As Vx use three barbs top and bottom of the stick pointing backwards, pushing it off forwards is almost impossible, especially if you want to keep it.

If not, get hold of a dremel or similar and literally just cut two lines from back to front and it will just fall off.

If you want it in one piece, I used an adjustable spanner with nice flat edges, wound it down to fit, placing it vertically down behind the handle.

Then with a fair size hammer, tap it forwards.
Half a dozen or so fair hits, and it should come flying off (carefull of all moving body parts, as hammers hurt, and so do spanners that have just been hit by them!!!)

To place it back on, squirt a little washing up liquid into the handle to make it nice and slippy, then dry the grip and your hands so that you dont slip, but it does.

I tried using a pair or grips to take off one that I didn't want, and it just chewed the plastic to bits, which is why I found the spanner better.

Hope this helps ya

K :wink:

Boy am I slow, but I'm rough with it. (Don't tell all the ladies :twisted: )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts